 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3526
  GP2D12 Please help

Please help. I just recently got a Sharp GP2D12 ir distance ranger plus RCX interface device from mindsensors. It is pretty cool, however I am getting alot of flucuation in the readings and in turn I think that i am losing out on range. The maximum (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GP2D12 Please help

Hi Sebastian, (...) I don't know the schematics of that sensor interface, but I think it's basically a bad idea to drive a device that needs 30 to 50 mA from a powersource that can only output about 10 mA. I've experienced similar effects while (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)