 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3439
Re: trouble compiling brickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:22:57 GMT

Daniel Secrieru wrote:

I had to tweak the config script a little in order to make a configuration.

Hm, that should not happen. Try to start your hitachi compiler by hand,
for example with "h8300-hms-gcc --version" to get an "I am alive"
message from it, so you are sure it is installed as intended. If _you_
can't get it to work, configure won't get it to work,too.

What should I do if the config script doesn't find the hitachi gcc,
although it is there?

This is what configure inserts into my Makefile.common:

#
#  BEGIN-configuration insert (do not remove this line)
# -------------------------------------------------------
TOOLPREFIX=/usr/local/bin/h8300-hms-
SED_SFLAG=
EXT=
CC=cc
CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall
MAKEDEPEND=$(CC) -M
BRICKOS_ROOT=/home/obi/brickos-0.2.6.10
#  END-configuration insert  (do not remove this line)
#

You could put your hacker cap on an try to insert the needed values by hand.

Regards,

Michael