 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3421
Re: Errors compiling BrickOS Demos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:03:43 GMT

Rich Warren wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get brickos working on a linux box running mandrake.

I downloaded gcc-2.95.3 and binutils-2.13.1 and compiled them to make a
cross compiler. That seems to have worked successfully.

Then I ran ./configure;make to make brickos (2.6.10). It dies while making
the demos with the following error:

malformed symbolsrec file at line 2
make: *** [helloworld.lx] Error 255
rm helloworld.dc1 helloworld.dc2 helloworld.ds1 helloworld.ds2

I'm not familiar with this error. Any ideas on what went wrong?

Binutils, from 2.12 (IIRC) up to 2.13.1 produced malformed symbolsrec files.
Use a later version of binutils.

Max.