 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3417
Re: USB/Serial Converter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:34:37 GMT

Somewhere on the LEGO site it says that Serial > USB is not compatable
-- If you must, why not just buy a USB IR tower from PITSCO LEGODacta
for $30? If you have the SDK 2.5, or even the SDK 2.0, it comes with the
driver for the USB tower (in the folder *sdkroot*\TowerDrv).

The only bad thing about the USB IR Tower is that it's actually slower
than the Serial IR Tower (!!).

Andrew Keyser

Marcelo Lipas Augusto wrote:
Hi, folks.

I've tried to connect to my RCX 1.0 (firmware 0328)
from my laptop. Since I have only a serial IR tower,
it works fine on my desktop PC, but communications
won't work when I use a USB/serial converter to
connect it to my laptop (there are only USB ports on
it...of course). I have WinXP, and I'm trying to
connect using RCXcc and ScriptEd provided by Lego's
SDK.

Has anyone experienced the same? Is there a specific
serial port configuration that I may have forgoten?
Any clues? Oh... the USB/serial converter seems OK,
since I can connect two PCs thru a terminal using
it...

Thanks,

--Marcelo Lipas

Yahoo! Mail
Mais espaço, mais segurança e gratuito: caixa postal de 6MB, antivírus, proteção contra spam.
http://br.mail.yahoo.com/

--
-AK

--