 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3359
Re: Programming in Assembly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:40:50 GMT

Ok, the motor stuff makes sense, I got a little confused with the shift thing. I looked at the proggamming manual some more and it explaned the @ (Register inderect) but I don't see why it is needed, also in you example you specify the data as #0x02, why isn't it #0x02:8 (how the manual says to do data)?

As for Sensors I was able to find (I think) how to work it:
in the h8300.rcx file (no idea what this is for) I found the addresses of the sensor ports (0xe0,0xe2 and 0xe4)

to make unactive run 'bclr r6l,@0xbb:8'
to activate run  'bset r6l,@0xbb:8'
where r6l contains the the value for the correct sensor out
(I'm guessing 0 for sensor 1, 1 for sensor 2 and 2 for sensor 3?)
Then after that I need to waste around 32 states and make it unactive and then to read it i do
   mov.b @0xe8:8,r6h
   or.b  r6l,r6h
   mov.b r6h,@0xe8:8
and activate it again when I'm done?
If this is correct please explain what the last two lines do, I just blindly copied them from the brickos kernel

Also once I have a program written can I just assemble it with binutils and then use dll to download it to the rcx? Do I need to specify where it will be loaded to at the begginining of my program? Do I need to write code to deal with the on and off buttons or does the rcx take care of that for me? Another thing, do I need to worry about resetting the watchdog timer?

and once I finally do get my program writen how do I assemble it? what command do I use, I have the cross compiler and binutils set up for my legos installation.

Thanks,
Aaron

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:49:44 GMT