 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 334
Re: Rotation sensors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:14:36 GMT

Thanks Mark, those changes got rotation-sensor.c working
for me.

Mark Falco wrote:

Yep, others have reported having these problems.  Here's a fix I came up
with, but has also only been tested on my system.  There have been
reports that the existing code works for some, and not for others, so
you may need to customize this.

just replace the existing definitions in direct-sensor.c

hope this helps

mark

! A/D values for the rotation sensor states
//
#define STATE_0_VALUE (0x0f000)
#define STATE_1_VALUE (0x0d000)
#define STATE_2_VALUE (0x07000)
#define STATE_3_VALUE (0x0a000)

//! rotation sensor range matching function
//
#define IN_RANGE( val ) ((raw & 0x0f000) == val)

void ds_rotation_set(unsigned* const sensor,int pos) {
  unsigned channel=(unsigned) (sensor-&AD_A);
  unsigned raw = (*sensor);
  RotationState state;

    if(sensor>=&AD_A && sensor<=&AD_C) {    // catch range violations

      //determine initial position
      if(IN_RANGE(STATE_0_VALUE))
        state=STATE_0;
      if(IN_RANGE(STATE_1_VALUE))
        state=STATE_1;
      if(IN_RANGE(STATE_2_VALUE))
        state=STATE_2;
      if(IN_RANGE(STATE_3_VALUE))
        state=STATE_3;

    rotation_state[channel]=state;
    ds_rotations[channel]=pos;            // reset counter
    }
}

Jonathan Knudsen wrote:

Hello,

Rotation sensors appear to be broken in the 990330
snapshot. Here's part of the code I'm using:

  ds_active(&SENSOR_3);
  ds_rotation_on(&SENSOR_3);
  ds_rotation_set(&SENSOR_3, 0);

  while (!PRESSED(button_state(), BUTTON_VIEW)) {
    lcd_int(ROTATION_3);
    lcd_refresh();
    msleep(20);
  }