 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3315
Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:29:48 GMT

I'm not sure if that will help anyone else troubleshoot this or not. I'm
pleased to see that it's not just a Mac problem.

Can you build the other demos? I've built them by going into the demo folder
and typing "make helloworld.lx" and so forth. I'm not sure if that's the
correct procedure. They seem to compile fine, but when I download them to my
RCX, they do NOT work properly. For example, helloworld.lx displays
gibberish instead of words. Sound.lx produces a low droning instead of
"devil with a blue dress." So something's not right. The firmware messages
("off" and so forth) seem to display properly.

-Rich-

The only time(s) I encountered this type of issue were when I compiled
the .srec with different set of compiler settings (or with a different
set of header files) than what was used for compiling the
Demo/Application code.

For instance, if I modified the kernel, built the kernel, but didn't
rebuild the demos or an application; I would get very similar results as
what you are describing.

As long as I keep the .srec and .lx files in sync. with each other, I'm
ok.  HOWEVER, I have not tried with the compiler, library and tools that
you are using.

// Joe