 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3204
  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

Matt, I have been working with Michael Zapp on "porting" brickOS to the Mac OS X. We too had a fairly easy time with the binutils (ver 20020918). And both of us had issues with GCC although we have been working on Ver 3.1. I have not kept up with (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

Ed, thanks for the quick response. I wrote out a reply, deciding that I would scrap 2.95 and just go for 3.1, but then I got an email pointing out the problem I was having was a bug in binutils. So now with binutils-2.13.2.1, everything compiles (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) I'll have to look at that. I currently have the compiler working from the GNU source but haven't been able to get the C++ BrickOS tests to compile. I used the raw GNU source, version 3.2.2 but I'll look at the darwin stuff (couldn't find it (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) At this point I have a working compiler and have successfully compiled BrickOS (except for the C++ tests, which I have to look into). I'm working on the USB stuff and making some progress (see my other post...). If you're interested in trying (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) Well, I've had a pretty successful couple of days... If you go to (URL) you will find a tar ball that contains all of the Brick OS utilities compiled for OS X. I've tested them and have successfully downloaded BrickOS and a couple of their (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

Man, this is fantastic. Since moving over to OS X about a year and a half ago, I've been ignoring my RCX (retired the tired/crash prone PC forever!! Running Linux now though) and haven't played with it for lack of a development environment for OS X. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) Dave, We look forward to hearing how these tools work out for you. You should try Michael Zapp, (URL) about the USB applications. Ed (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)