 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3120
Re: RCXTTY-Variable Problem, calling ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickOS.srec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:36:45 GMT

Hello I found the solution to the Main Problem:
Quotation from another topic:

This Flag has to be changed in the Makefile.common file in the Brickos
directory

"The best fix for cygwin and
newConf2 is to change the line in the ifdef BUILDING_HOST_UTILS section to
be
CFLAGS+=-O2 -Wall"

I looked at this considering my problem with building the BrickOs kernel,
when "make strip" failed there it was useless ..
----->here it works :-))

"Tobias Renz" <tobias-renz@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

Dear NewsGroup

My Problem is:

When I tri to download the BrickOS firmware
to the Brick using ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickOS.srec
after setting "RCXTTY=USB" with "export ...".
(I have the USB-Tower)

I get the following error:
"USB: No such file or directory"

As I reset it to "RCXTTY=COM1"
I get the similar error:
"COM1: No such file or directory"
My Solution Guesses:
As someone said in this NG,
it would be required to have the RIS Programming environment installed,
that the Tower may be found it is installed (V2.0).

Maybe I have to set my PATH Variable more correctly, to find those device
"files".
Or as i guess those device files needed under linux arent there on my
windows xp / cygwin installation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- • --
Additional Problem, perhaps importent to solve the other problem:
Another thing, that is a ____different problem____ (perhaps this has to do
something with it):
The compilation of the BrickOs kernel didn't end correctly.
$ cd /brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2
$ make realclean
$ make depend
$ make
$ cd util
$ make strip

The "make strip" command gave me an error:
strip fontdesign.exe
strip: fontdesign.exe: No such file or directory
make: *** [strip] Error 1

I read in another thread
with messageid :<H636yD.CpK@lugnet.com>
and subject: Installing BrickOS 0.2.6.09.newConf2
from: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:30:53 GMT

that this is a bug and they said to manipulate
the Makefile.common file,
John Hanson developer of BrickCC said, one should use the pre-build • hitachi
tools.
The Manipulation didn't work and
I downloaded the hitachi tools  but i don't know how to use/include them • in
my cygwin system.

so this is another problem perhaps someone can give me an adress how-to
use the pre-built hitachi-tools, and perhaps it has to do something with • my
main problem.

I hope that anyone can help me with this.

--
Greetings
Tobias Renz