 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 308
    more fun with cross-compilers —Luis Villa
   I posted here quite some time about this, and got a single personal response which has now been lost into the bowels of my pine folder "system." (hah!) Has anyone successfully set up a cross compiler on solaris 2.7? While building the binutils, I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: more fun with cross-compilers —Matthew E. Cross
   (...) There were some changes in Solaris 2.7 that break the compilation of some stuff, if I remember correctly. Have you checked with the gcc maintainers to see if they have a patch for this? Another thing to try would be specifying the host type (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: more fun with cross-compilers —Luis Villa
     Thanks for the help, Matt. solaris2.7 was correctly selected as the host by conf.guess, so that is not the problem. I would have no authority to apply any patches, even if I could find them, so I'm building egcs-1.1.2 instead. We'll see how that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: more fun with cross-compilers —Luis Villa
   Well, neither the latest release of egcs nor the latest binutils 2.9.1 seems to do it. Apparently, though, the beta binutils (2.9.4, use at your own risk, blah, blah, blah) works. The gcc compilation is now crashing in a different location. Using my (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)