 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2764
2763  |  2765
Subject:
getopt.h,.c: GNU or Berkley version?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:26:32 GMT

In working with the DJGPP "port" of brickOS it is noted that DJGPP does not
provide getopt.  The solution to this is for one to compile it in the
process of compiling one's software.  As I check my machine I find two
versions of it, a GNU version found with several of the GNU packages (which
are used to build the cross-compiler) and a Berkeley version under
cygwin/usr/include. Please note I am running Windows 98 and have been using
the cygwin method of running brickOS. I am assuming that both
util\dll-src\convert.c and util\dll-src\loader.c are including the Berkeley
version at cygwin/usr/include because it is a default gcc include path for
cygwin and due to the fact the cross compiler build tools are not necessary
for build the kernel and tools.

More so I am a lost as to where the precompiled getopt functions are located
as there is no getopt.c or .o files except in the cross compiler build
libraries and path.  My concern is that a different precompiled version of
these files will be linked into the program. So what I wish to do is to
compiler the correct getopt.c file.

--
Ed Manlove
emanlove@eclipse.net