 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2687
2686  |  2688
Subject:
some lnp thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:26:08 GMT

hi all, im sitting here wondering if i should use lnp_addressing_write
or lnp_integrity_write.
The thing is that im writing a "sliding windows" protocol that might be
used by other students here
at the local university this autumn (as well as in my thesis).
the thing is that i cannot deside if we should go for one or the other.
i have listed some thoughts on the two below!. anyone here have any
additional
information on why i should use one or the other? (perhaps some of my
thoughts are wrong ?)

-lnp_addressing_write
  -payload 1-253 bytes
  -has source and destination address in header
  -is not possible to access header inside an application
  -must create additional header..thus having 2 redundant bytes in
original header.
  - to access original header, additional code is needed in legos lnp
section,
    this will make it less user friendly and not easily usable by other
people .

-lnp_integrity_write
  -payload 1-255 bytes
  -must create own header
  -RCX/PC will also recieve the message when sending
  -cannot deside to "not recieve message" until application gets the
message,
   thus,the message propagates through the operating system before it
   can be discarded.

regards
kenneth johansen
kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no