 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2582
  Re: latest legOS strangeness

(...) Maybe make this selectable with a build option? The bad thing about brake is that it actually draws current (=reduces battery life) ROSCO (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: latest legOS strangeness

(...) is (...) Not really.. braking using the current generated by the motor (acting as a generator) once the power is removed from it. H-Bridge has what is called a break bit. The break bit simply shorts the two terminals on the motor together, (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: latest legOS strangeness

(...) I may be wrong - 'my' RCX is actually my brother's, and is 3 hours drive away - but doesn't the remote control with the official firmware do float when buttons released, but brake if forward and reverse are pressed together? Max (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: latest legOS strangeness

(...) Interesting question. I'll try this at home with my remote and RCX loaded with standard firmware. Anyway, that could only say that the remote control knows that it has to send a OFF (brake) cmd to the RCX when fwd and rev are pressed together, (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)