 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2572
  somewhat off topic, but...

anyone tried pbforth ? im doing a comparison between the different possibilities here and looking at pbforth i was somewhat intrigued, until i discovered that you cannot multitask(more than 1 thread of execution). anyone here tried pbforth and can (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: somewhat off topic, but...

Kenneth, (...) I wrote it so I'm biased... (...) I'll get to the ttasker in a minute, but pbForth is the only alternative firmware with native support for SERVOS if you use the simple circuit I developed here: (URL) The newest version 2.1.3 has an (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: somewhat off topic, but...

I'm NOT biased because I DIDN'T write the thing... Forth is a wonderful language that has a proven track record. I don't use it in my job simply because management has never heard about it. I don't mean to imply that languages are chosen by (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: somewhat off topic, but...

Repost to proper newsgroup... ===...=== I'm NOT biased because I DIDN'T write the thing... Forth is a wonderful language that has a proven track record. I don't use it in my job simply because management has never heard about it. I don't mean to (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)