 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2490
2489  |  2491
Subject:
legOS 0.2.6 - released!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:39:00 GMT

The legOS team has released this interim version of legOS.

A hearty thankyou goes to those who helped us test and suggest
improvements for this release!

We are (after a short rest ;-) moving on to work on our next
significant legOS release: Remote control support, IR communications,
and new support for some key 3rd party sensors.  (See NEWS file in
0.2.6)  We added a detailed ChangeLog file to the project now
which will carry info about each change we make from here on out.

Files are available from
this includes latest version (0.2.6) as well as earlier versions. Of course,
we are updating the legOS website, so watch for changes there too.

The INSTALL-cygwin page has been updated and should work quite well for
new windows users.

A significant feature of 0.2.6 is the USB IR Tower support
(for windows platforms only, at this time.)

At the files page (link above) you can review the significant changes for
each release.  This release has also been packaged and uploaded to the
Debian GNU/Linux mirrors, so if you are a Debian user you should see it
quite soon!  The Debian package page can be seen at
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/legos.html as the new package
arrives the page will automatically update to reflect the new version.

Thanks again for your help, and please enjoy!

Regards,
Stephen  - for the legOS team