 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2486
Re: CYGWIN & legOS 0.2.5.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:40:53 GMT

"Max Bowsher" <maxb@ukf.net> wrote in message
news:015701c1e790$f6d44d60$42a18c09@wdg.uk.ibm.com...
Joseph Woolley <jwoolley@spamblock.insight.rr.com> wrote:
I think I will stick with this setup for a while... and let the gcc • folks or
someone with more time and patience work out the compile errors for gcc • on
cygwin.

What compile errors?

Max.

Max,

I received errors at various places with various versions (when compiling
gcc and once with binutils).  Most often, the build would stop at libgcc1.a
I checked the Makefile, and found three ways to "try" to exclude this
(listed below) but was never able to get past that point.

I tried:  -Dinhibit_libc, changed rule for libgcc1.o to libgcc1.null (or
something similar, per instructions in Makefile) and I tried commenting out
the contents of that file (silly me).

I also received the errors Stephen Moraco listed in the thread:  Re: Release
candidate legos-0.2.5.2 avail for testing    "Ran the build script.  It
failed. 'can't find stdio.h or  sys/types.h' - at build of choose-temp.o"

I also received the errors that Justin Holwell posted in Re: Problems
installing in Win98  "...sys/errno.h:23: previous declaration of
`sys_errlist'"  (and I am using the latest cygwin)

I don't think anyone is having problems with your script or any of the
HOWTOs (as I have tried at least three)... It seems as though gcc doesn't
compile correctly on these systems.  I am begining to see a pattern
though... has anyone experienced problems on WinNT 4.0 or Win9x?  Kingsley,
Stephen and I are all using Win2k or WinXP... is this coincidence?

I have installed and compiled binutils and gcc on Red Hat 6.2 and Redmond
Linux with no problems.  I followed the same procedure for all three
environments (Red Hat, Redmond Linux and CYGWIN)... the only one I have
problems with is CYGWIN on Win2k.

// Joe