 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2448
Re: Light Sensor help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:44:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Nathan Nesbit writes:
I'm a new legos user and I'm trying to get my first app working.  The issue
appears to be that the light sensor value isn't getting updated as
frequently as I expected.  When I slow down the motors my line tracking
program works fine.  I speed it up and it misses the line.

A very similar problem written in NQC seems to have no issue at higher motor
speeds.

How often is the light sensor value updated?  Is there anything I can do to
speed it up?

Thanks
I had a similar problem using RoboLab.  I had a task that looped and checked
the light sensor once in each loop.  If the light sensor changed within the
loop but NOT at the time when the check was made it would be missed.  I
replaced it with a task that waited for the light sensor to change before
taking action.

Jerry