 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2377
2376  |  2378
Subject:
Another Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 04:43:52 GMT

Request for comments:

I moved the visualization code for the man_stand / man_run out of the
task_scheduler and put it in the tm_idle_task.  Performance is enhanced at
the expense of the display not updating when the processor load is at or
near 100%.  For me, this would be acceptable (although I will likely add a
CONF(ig) flag for enabling and disabling the change)

As a seperate, but somewhat related item, I used sys_time as the basis for
showing the man_stand or man_run.  This way, it didn't matter if the
tm_idle_task was active 10 times a second or 100... the visualization is
constant.  (unless processor load gets too high, see above)

Well, if anyone is interested, I will post the code changes.  (sometimes
seeing is easier than imagining)  8-)

Joe