 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2152
Re: where to buy individual parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:27:46 GMT

One more thing, this is why I am going to move to USA from Japan because I
can buy LEGO in cheapest price and fast way, then I can have a big place to
test my RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects, some of them need over 5m x 5m,
I have no way to debug it in Japan.

Does anyone introduce me a job in USA, I am a experienced software engineer.

Thanks a lot!

Zhengrong

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Zhengrong Zang writes:
If you want to buy something out of USA in
http://shop.lego.com
http://www.pitsco-legodacta-store.com
Try to find a friend in USA and ask she/he repack and send items to you, I
did like this.

Most of sellers in http://www.brickbay.com can send items to any countries,
I did many times.

For http://www.ebay.com, discussion with seller, maybe they agree to send to
out of USA. I also tried.

Zhengrong

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Chris Page writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Zhengrong Zang writes:

There are some problems though...

http://shop.lego.com /

Tends to only offer a very limited range of products (in the UK at least) -
trying to get hold of some parts from there, like rotation sensors, seems to be
virtually impossible.

http://www.pitsco-legodacta-store.com/

Apparently will not ship outside of the US, but I can't confirm that because
they seem incapable of even responding to emails (I've sent two over the past 3
months, no reply), let alone try to make attempt at being helpful.

http://www.brickbay.com/

Not tried them, do they stock the more obscure/advanced bits and ship to the UK?

http://www.ebay.com/

Where you're gambling on finding a reliable seller supplying decent parts
rather than some cowboy flogging damaged stuff.

Sorry to sound very negative about this, but from my experience the only way to
get hold of half of the parts I would like, particularly additional rotation
sensors, and be sure they are not broken or damaged, is by buying the official
expansion boxes - and I certainly couldn't justify spending 100 UKP just to get
my hands on two more rotation sensors!