 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2066
Re: RCX_COMPILER define
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:12:02 GMT

I have been reading past posts to this group, and come across • references to
RCX_COMPILER, a define needed to be patched into gcc. I have used • the CygWin
default sources, and the compiler produced successfully recompiled • the legOS
kernel, but I am worried that there may be a lurking bug due to the • absence
of the RCX_COMPILER patch.

What RCX_COMPILER does is to add an optimization inside GCC for ISR on
RCX platform.

GCC without RCX_COMPILER patch should compile without problems any
project. You should only take care of ISR function using a syntax
like:

--------
//! battery indicator handler, called from system timer interrupt
#ifdef CONF_RCX_COMPILER
void battery_refresh(void) {
#else
HANDLER_WRAPPER("battery_refresh","battery_refresh_core");
void battery_refresh_core(void) {
#endif
--------

Here is the HANDLER_WRAPPER definition from irq.h:

--------
#ifdef CONF_RCX_COMPILER
#define HANDLER_WRAPPER(wrapstring,handstring)
#else
#define HANDLER_WRAPPER(wrapstring,handstring) \
__asm__ (".text\n.align 1\n.global _" wrapstring "\n_" wrapstring \
": push r0\npush r1\npush r2\npush r3\njsr @_" handstring \
"\npop r3\npop r2\npop r1\npop r0\nrts\n")
#endif
--------

Bye,
     Paolo.

---
Etorre's Observation: The other line moves faster.