 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2025
2024  |  2026
Subject:
legos application downlod protocol
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 04:35:32 GMT

Hi,

I'm a developer for leJOS (a Java VM on the RCX) and I am interested in how
legos applications are transfered from the PC to the RCX (basically because
the leJOS mechanism seems to be fairly flakey and I'd rather not try to
implement an entire download protocol to replace the current one).

Essentially I would like to take the modules responsible for performing this
task in legos (on both the RCX and the PC) and replace the existing leJOS
application download code. So information about what source does what task
would be extremely useful.

Is this basically LNP?

FYI-1: The VM is written in C and I think is based on an early version of legos.
FYI-2: I currently reckon on about 2 out of 3 downloads failing. I assume
legos downloads are more reliable?