 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 201
Re: Rom sensor read routine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 12:07:15 GMT

Hi Kekoa,

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:
The rotation code is pretty simple: the expected state machine, with split
points between the four states of 1bf, 2bf, 3bf:

   000 <= STATE0 < 1bf
   1bf <= STATE1 < 2bf
   2bf <= STATE2 < 3bf
   3bf <= STATE3 < 3ff

I am fixing this right now.

In my case, since I scan all 4 a/d inputs at once, the one that really
matters is the first one, a/d input a, which corresponds to sensor 2.
Without the delay, I get raw 10-bit values for sensor 2 that are off by a
wildly varying 50-100 units compared to sensors 0 and 1.  With the delay,

The current legOS sensor read cycle is this (i=illuminate, c=A/D
conversion)

S1: iii iii iii ccc
S2: ccc iii iii iii
S3: iii ccc iii iii
S4: iii iii ccc iii

If you find your sensor 2 readings to be still accurate, maybe a better
cycle would look like this:

S1: iii iii --- ccc
S2: ccc iii iii ---
S3: --- ccc iii iii