 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1881
1880  |  1882
Subject:
Trouble loading programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 14:40:06 GMT

Hi all,
I'm new to legos and am having some problems loading programs.  I have
searched the news pages for my particular error and there are some that are
close but not exactly.  I hope someone can help because I am currently "dead
in the water".  Here goes:

Environment:
OS: Windows 2000 Pro SP1
Login: Administrator
LegOS Ver: 0.2.4
Build Environ: Cygwin
lib:/cygdrive/c/legos/util:$PATH"
GCC ver: 2.95
Brick: RCX 1.0

Problem:"error deleting program"

1) Issue command to load firmware
$ firmdl3 --tty=com1 boot/legOS.srec
Transferring "Fast Download Image" to RCX...
100%
Transferring "boot/legOS.srec" to RCX...
write: Permission denied

OK that doesn't work so we try:
2) Slow mode
$ firmdl3 --tty=com1 --slow boot/legOS.srec
Transferring "boot/legOS.srec" to RCX...
100%

Success.  Time for the demo programs.
3)Issue command
$ dll -tcom1 demo/helloworld.lx
error deleting program

4)Verbose mode
$ dll -tcom1 -v demo/helloworld.lx
opening tty...
KeepAlive Init...
KeepAliveSend: keeping the IR tower alive...
LNP Initialized...
loader hostaddr=80 hostmask=f0 portmask=0f

deletetry 0: ack:0
try 1: ack:0
try 2: ack:0
try 3: ack:0
try 4: ack:0
error deleting program

5) Change batteries in Tower
6) Change batteries in RCX
7) Reload firmware
8) Recompile everything
9) Put tower in short range
10) Put tower in long range
11) RCX close
12) RCX far
13) Lights off
14) Lights on
Sorry for the detail but I wanted to make sure you know I tried everthing I
have already read in posted messages.  I have even looked at the source to
see if I could tell where the error was coming from.  Thanks in advance for
any help that you may have.

Thanks
Ted