 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1874
1873  |  1875
Subject:
permissions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 00:16:11 GMT

Hello,

        The first thing I have ever installed on a *nix platform was legOS on my
recently (last week) converted Redhat Linux PC.

        I didn't really know how this sort of thing is supposed to work, so I did
the whole install as root.  Of course after I finished I found that my user
account didn't have permision to alter things within it's own part of the
file system! :P  (I fixed this)

        I'm working with 0.2.4 (where is 0.2.5?) I followed the instructions on
the web exactly, so I have created the following directories:
        /home/James/legOS/
        /usr/local/crossgcc/

        My user now has ownership of the "legOS" directory and read and execute
permissions in "crossgcc".

        root can download code to the RCX, but I get the following
error as a user.

[James@Sauron demo]$ ../util/dll helloworld.lx
open: Permission denied
opening tty: Permission denied

        To what directory or files does my user need permission?  I tried using a
find on tty to no avail.

        A little help?

Thanks,
James

P.S.  Knode tells me that I have lines in this message which are longer
than 80 characters...  should I be worried?