 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1866
1865  |  1867
Subject:
new features
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:53:41 GMT

I just checked in a change to CVS which adds a new feature. Let me know
if you have any problems with this:

/* When no program is running, pressing the "view" button cycles through
* a display of the amount of the amount of free memory (in decimal and
* hexadecimal) and battery power. If a button other than "view" is
* pressed while cycling through, we handle that button.
*/

I also checked in a simplified sprintf function to the C library.

I have some more check-ins planned for the upcoming weeks (graduation is
around the corner! woohoo!):

* A reliable networking protocol, with libraries for the host
* Changes to the networking layer to make it more efficient
   (mainly by copying data less)
* motor_*_dir_get() and motor_*_speed_get() to obtain the current settings
* A scheduler improvement which gives your programs 1ms sleep
   resolution, rather than 10ms, when the system is not loaded

If you have comments on these or would like to discuss, let me know.

--matt