 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1860
    LegOS bug - firmware unlock string not below CC00h in some circumstances —Kieran Elby
   Just thought I'd better report this... Firmdl3 is unable to download very large statically linked programs (with a .text segment greater than 4c00h bytes). Unlike previous size related bugs, this is *not* caused by firmdl, but rather by kmain.c. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        RE: LegOS bug - firmware unlock string not below CC00h in some circumstances —Ralph Hempel
   (...) Argh! This is so typical of many embedded projects that I have seen go sour over the years. It's due to not using the linker to full advantage. In my firmware, I declare the string in its own .text section (you can do this in inline assembler (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)