 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1859
Re: C standard functions with legOS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:16:34 GMT

Michael Wisse wrote:

Is it possible to use functions from C standard libraries with legOS,
e.g. sin() from math.h or abs() from stdlib.h?

They are a part of gcc, but e.g. math.h seems to produce compiler
errors.

As other people have pointed out, its not possible to use them straight
off.
I've written some floating point code for my own use to do conversions
between rectangular (x,y) and  polar (dist, bearing) calculations.
The codes not documented I'm afraid, but I've put it at
http://www.dur.ac.uk/k.e.elby/math_for_rcx/ in case it is some use.
Note that mymath.c uses a lookup table approach, while mymath_cordic.c
uses an approximation method called CORDIC and is therefore more
accurate. Unlike mymath.c, mymath_cordic does implement sin, cos, sqrt
and atan (which are not in mymath.h, the header).
Both approaches use about 2k of memory AFAIK.

Kieran