 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1852
Re: Sensor Commands and legOS 0.2.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:48:15 GMT

Doug Herbert <herbertd@purdue.edu> writes:

I just installed legOS 0.2.3 under Redhat 6.2, using the RPM's that were
linked to in the HOWTO. Everything I have tried so far has worked great,
except for getting my touch sensors to work. The documentation I have
read said that in 0.2.x one could just use TOUCH_1 and the variable
would already be decared and ready for use. I have tried this, and it
comes back as an undeclared variable. I have made sure that I have
included dsensor.h, but a visual inspection of the header file showed no
reference to this variable. My question is, how do I make this work, and
does anybody know of any good documentation for basic touch sensors.

TOUCH_1 is a macro defined in dsensor.h starting form version 0.2.4.  If
you don't want to upgrade, here is the code:

#define TOUCH(a)    ((unsigned int)(a) < 0x8000)
#define TOUCH_1     TOUCH(SENSOR_1)
#define TOUCH_2     TOUCH(SENSOR_2)
#define TOUCH_3     TOUCH(SENSOR_3)

The macro only compare the value read from the sensor with a threshold.  The
thresold is the mid point of the raw sensor range, maybe not the best
value.  I prefere writing my own macro, so I can set (and change) the
threshold.

Note that SENSOR_X is the value read for the sensor X from the A/D
converter of the H8/300, so it's a 10-bit value put in the most significant
bits of a 16-bit variable.

For more documentation see http://legOS.sourceforge.net/docs/ .

bye
Bernardo