 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1797
1796  |  1798
Subject:
Declarations in header files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:55:18 GMT

Hi!

This is very technical, but:

does the declaration of an

"extern inline const void" function really make sense?  GCC accepts it, but
that is a VERY lenient compiler.

An extern function should be definition not have a definition, and 'const void'
gives a warning since const is not really applicable to void -- it lacks any
meaning.

I have found this idiom in many of the header files.

I also find it in slightly bad taste to have assembler in inline assembly
instead of as separate files.  This makes it a bit harder to port the code to a
new compiler :(

/jakob