 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1780
  Obstacle detection : infrared sensor ??

Hey.. I don't know if this is a LegOS question, but here it goes... Is it possible to detect obstacles via the infrared sensor, before you bump into them ?? Like measuring reflection of infrared light or something... If it is... how ?? can anybody (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Obstacle detection : infrared sensor ??

(...) Yeah, I built a robot and programed it whith a nqc program that someone else wrote. I dont't remember who and I don't have any links, but I do remember how it worked The rcx would send out a infarad message every cauple of mlseconds and a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Obstacle detection : infrared sensor ??

(...) We have done this in C using LegOS (it is much easier to get it off the ground in nqc). The principle is simple: * Attach the light sensor in front of the brick, close to the IR tranceiver. preferably in a low position, since you want to (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)