 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1627
Re: LNP Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 04:07:53 GMT

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Trevor Foley wrote:

Hey,

I am trying to get my computer to talk to 2 rcxs.  I have the program and
when I send ir messages to the RCX loaded with LegOS, it shows the IR port
on.  However I do not understand what the packets should look like with the
intergrity layer.  Right now I have something like:

MsgData[0] = 0xF0; //Header
MsgData[1] = 0x01; //Lenght
MsgData[2] = 0x01; //Data
MsgData[3] = 0x03; //Checksum (Not sure about this)

Is there some reason you're not using liblnp? It will take care of all
this junk for you and you just have to give it the data.

--
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -
it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

Mike Ash - <http://www.mikeash.com/>, <mailto:mail@mikeash.com>