 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1556
Re: Any difference btw RCX1.0 and RCX1.5?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:23:03 GMT

"Bernd Frassek" <bernd.frassek@aachen.utimaco.de> writes:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Denis Treskunov writes:
Is there any difference between RCX1.0 and RCX1.5? I have seen them on sale
at two different prices.

I don't know if there are differences in the sets (pieces).

Seems there are some nice additions (differential, optic fiber), but not many.
See http://207.236.16.161/JinSato/MindStorms/RIS2.0/Images/ris2part.gif

However, one big difference is that if the RIS 1.5 is operated with
re-chargeable batteries, the batteries cannot be charged in the RCX since there
is no plug anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression is that the plug
of the 1.0/2.0 is only for the power supply of the RCX, not
for charging batteries.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>