 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1551
1550  |  1552
Subject:
looking for programmers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 00:57:43 GMT

Dear Sir-

P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center, NY (www.ps1.org), a major contemporary art
museum affiliated with the Museum of Modern Art in New York is opening a new
exhibition in a few days, this Sunday, the 17th, called Some New Minds.

As part of the exhibition, we would like to include a LEGO Mindstorm. We are
looking for a programmer who is familiar with the Mindstorm to perhaps
“perform” in our galleries.  Ideally, we would like someone to come to the
museum on a Sunday (over the next month or so) and work with the Mindstorm
(and a computer) to program it to do unusual things (i.e, to use invented
codes, etc…I have discovered the extensive community that works with these
toys).

My first question is: would you be interested?  Are you located in New York?
And then another question would be: if not, could you point me to someone
else in New York who might be interested?  We would have the Mindstorm
running on the program you write for it for a few weeks, before inviting
another programmer to come in for another performance who would introduce a
new code and new shapes for the LEGO.

I would be very eager to talk to you about this some more

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Best,
Anthony Huberman
P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center