 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1506
Re: Difficulty Activating Sensors in v0.2.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 20:21:54 GMT

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Gary Mayer wrote:
I'm using LegOS 0.2.4 on Windows 2000 (Cygwin solution).

Which Cygwin solution? i.e., what version of gcc? (to check, run gcc
--version)

I receive errors when I try to compile any code that activates a sensor.
I've looked at both old references and new as well as the old Dave Baum
book.  At first, I thought it may just be the rotation sensor but I tried it
with the light sensor and get the same results.  Therefore, I now expect the
user.  :-)
In Dave Baum's first book he mentioned declaring passive senor too.  I tried
to be explicit with the touch sensor and got more errors.  If I don't
declare it and just use it, I'm OK.

I include dsensor.h and use commands ( XXX: is the line number )
120: ds_active(&SENSOR_3);
121: ds_rotation_on(&SENSOR_3);
122: ds_rotation_set(&SENSOR_3, 0);

The errors I receive for all three line numbers above are:
  parse error before `&'
  warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of [`ds_active',
     ds_rotation_on', 'ds_rotation_set']
  conflicting types for [`ds_active', etc.]
  previous declaration of [`ds_active', etc.]  (It also includes the line
     number in the header file -- 129, 163, 157 -- where it conflicts)
  warning: data definition has no type or storage class

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

All that code looks perfectly fine to me. In fact, it looks like it
matches line by line that I compiled yesterday with no problem. Could you
post the entire file somewhere or mail it to me so I can look at it and
test it out on my system? Thanks...
Luis

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word