 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1498
1497  |  1499
Subject:
ttyS1 corrupted after using legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:32:11 GMT

Hi there,

I donwloaded, compiled and used legOS 2.4 which worked all very fine.
But since then, I cannot use the serial port anymore that I connected
the IR-tower to.
Maybe anyone has encountered the same problem and knows a solution:)
I am no system admin and have only a limited knowledge of the Linux-OS
therefore my error-description is not very detailed, but I do my best.

Environment:
SUSE 7.0 Linux
Asus Board with Intel Chipset (I haven't the details at hand yet)
Pentium III

What I have seen:
- wvdial triggers the message device or resource busy.
- I tried setserial -a for ttyS0 and ttyS1 but the outputs seems to bear
no difference that indicate an error
- best of all after I deconnected the IR-tower and tried to use my
modem, the legOS-downloader firmdl3 doesn't work anymore either.
Everytime I want to download a .lx file firmdl3 tells me that there is
an error in the .lx-file header

Has anyone any idea what is going on?
Worst of all I have done some tests with an usb-device between using
legOS and detecting the ttyS1 corruption. Disabling the usb support for
linux wasn't any help, but maybe here is a problem, too.

Help, please....

Regards
Frank