 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1494
Re: LNP + Java
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:34:56 GMT

Ciaran-
To the best of my knowledge, no one has written such an interface. If you
want to tackle it yourself, I'd suggest looking at pyLNP
http://www.hare.demon.co.uk/lego/pylnp.html and the two Java interfaces
that my lego + linux howto will soon list:

http://www.escape.com/~dario/java/rcx/
http://www.slewis.com/rcxport/

I'd imagine that with the informatin in pyLNP and the java framework in
the other two projects it would be quite doable (though probably not
trivial) to write such an interface.

Good luck-
Luis

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Ciaran Jessup wrote:

Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:17:45 GMT
From: Ciaran Jessup <ciaran@redhotant.com>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: LNP +  Java

Simple question, has anyone out there written, or begun writing an LNP
interface object for java ?  I'd like the development environment I'm
writing to keep control of my little Genetic Program RCX to be less platform
specific than linux or windows, both would be nice, I figure that if I use
java, there'd be no need to recompile to use either winlnp or lnp in
linux... ...Please tell me the error of my ways :)

- ciaran

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word