 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1472
Re: Cross compiler for cygwin (Win9x/ME)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:35:43 GMT

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Evan McLean wrote:
Is the h8300-hms cross compiler needed by LegOS available as a working
program under the cygwin 1.1.4 environment (I'm running Windows ME).

Yes, it has been done. There are no binaries on the web, though, nor
up-to-date instructions. :( Paolo Masetti (paolom@pragmanet.it) has
started writing up instructions, but I don't know how far along he is in
them; he is very, very busy with other things right now :|

Unfortunately, the old Cygwin stuff that is at
legOS.sourceforge.net/files/windows/ will not work with cygwin 1.1.4.

Or am I better off downloading all the djgpp stuff a'la Roxxz's page?
(<http://www.jps.net/rossw/legos/>)

Well, if Paolo cannot or will not e-mail you with directions, you are
probably best off attempting to build gcc 2.95.2 following the
instructions for egcs 1.12 and Unix here:

http://legos.sourceforge.net/HOWTO/x117.html#AEN120

They won't be perfectly transferrable, but if you are reasonably
comfortable with Unix most of it will work (I think.)

Unfortunately, Rossz's DJGPP stuff is (I think) broken with regards to
0.2.4 (more exactly, 0.2.4 is broken in regards to Rossz's stuff- he did
nothing wrong.) So, you are almost definitely best off attempting to build
your own.

I already have cygwin installed and would prefer not to have to download
another full environment if possible.

Perfectly understandable :)

Good luck- sorry that our documentation is not up to date with the latest
compiler tech. :|
Luis

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word