 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1296
1295  |  1297
Subject:
further observations on rotation sensor problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:52:55 GMT

It would appear that all movements (even when things are otherwise
behaving poorly) are properly processed if the movements are done manually
while the robot is doing it's computational phase. It would appear that
things are dropped when the robot is moving itself with the motors. This
movement takes place (basically) by way of the robot calling the
appropriate motor direction and speed functions and then calling msleep
for a pre-specified number of seconds.

I've used this kind of thing before, so I don't think the problem is in my
code. My one worry (and others can confirm/rebut this as necessary) is
that (I believe) that the msleeps should allow the rotation sensor to work
it's magic, correct? More specifically, ds_rotation_handler() should be
run from within ds_handler, regardless of the msleep(), am I correct? This
is the only thing that I can tease out of it right now, though, and it is
very frustrating. Any ideas/pointers would be appreciated...

Luis

    "Summertime... and the living is easy...
    fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
    So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
-Ella