 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1120
Re: compiler question (second try)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 03:14:25 GMT

In article
<Pine.SOL.3.91.1000601214622.8697C-100000@teer13.acpub.duke.edu>, Luis
Villa <liv@duke.edu> wrote:

What is the newest version of gcc/egcs that anyone has used to create
correct code? I'm looking into creating .rpm and .deb files for linux,
and I'd like to build with the most up-to-date compiler that I know
generates correct code. I have not personally used anything past egcs
1.1.2. Has anyone successfully used gcc 2.95? What about 2.91? These are
the three most recent compiler series, AFAICT, and I'm very curious to
know about the experiences of others.
Luis

Building under LinuxPPC, I was able to get everything working with egcs
1.1.2.  However, gcc 2.95 didn't work.  I could get legOS.srec to build
and download, it would work OK for turning the RCX on/off, but the first
time I tried DLL'ing a program the kernel would hang.  I never bothered
to dig into it further since egcs 1.1.2 seemed to be stable.

Of course I'm running on LinuxPPC, so there's a chance things would be
different for Linux/x86.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com