 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1010
  task switching strategy?

I've been wandering through the kernal comparing it to similar kernals I have known or written, trying to understand the design choices. It appears that task are only switched at the 1ms timer interrupt and at yield() function call. yield() is only (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: task switching strategy?

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Steve Morris wrote: <snip lots of discussion, some of which I understand now and the rest of which will probably make more sense after I take OS next semester.> (...) I think the big thing is that virtually no one write CPU (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)