 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2859 (-100)
  brickOS status update

We are continuing to update our web site. The front page contains the latest news. (URL) have pushed another round of API docs to the web. New in this version are the brickOS Kernel Developer set and new example program pages (autogenerated from our (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I had a go at those instructions then gave up after 3 weeks of trying to get them to work. "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message news:H2JupE.J4w@lugnet.com... (...) most (...) no (...) for (...) my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Actually there is a set of updated instructions for Windows with the most recent being for brickOS. brickOS is the continued development effort foe legOS. AT the request of The LEGO Group the name has changed. So the most recent information can be (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Pass by reference

Ralph, The second parameter to the task is a pointer to an array of pointers. Those pointers (under DOS and other OSes) normally point to parameters on the command line (string data). However, there is no reason to not use them for other data types. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Follow these instuctions word for word: (URL) 0.2.6 in place of 0.2.4 wherever it crops up and you'll have no problems. (Well, it worked for me using Win98 so hopefully it'll work for you) "Redline" <trust@global.net.au> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Pass by reference

More specifically, how can you pass by reference to a thread?? I thought a thread could only take chracter arguments in an array? Thanks "Ralph Clark" <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H2HwuD.L6L@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Hi all, I've been trying to get LegOS working on my Win XP machine using the cygwin emulator but I cannot execute "Makefile"; hence I downloaded "make" from the fs foundation but I am new to this, so have no idea how to install make --- generally I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Pass by reference

Hi. Do we have pass by reference in the current version of legOS? If we don't, I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me a simple example of how to do the same thing in C using pointers and whatever. (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

John, I believe I have a good solution. I ran a test both under Win98 and a forced Linux OS (set OSTYPE=LINUX in makefiles). Below is a patch file for the current CVS version of brickOS. As soon as I get confirmation that this does fix my bug I will (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS general news

We've been working on our web-site (URL) welcome comments. If you'd like to see something specific that is not already there please let us know. Development work on brickOS has been lively over the past couple of weeks. So watch for another test (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Winliblnp problems

(...) The usual method is to put the following near the top of the .h file: #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif and the following at the bottom: #ifdef __cplusplus } #endif This eliminates the need for 2 .h files. HTH. ROSCO (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Winliblnp problems

From: "Tim Auton" <tim.lugnet@uton.org> Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 4:07 PM (...) [snip] (...) I do, it's a namespace problem, down to you working in a C++ project and winliblnp being in C. I suggest a quick and dirty hack of creating a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Semaphore(s) locked when task killed.

I have completed an update to solve some of the problems mentioned previously. If all goes well, I will be able to start updating the files on sourceforge within a week. More soon. // Joe (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS 0.1.7

I need information about this version of legOS !! please send me :) nanobapt (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Winliblnp problems

Don't get what u mean! ----- Original Message ----- From: "nanobapt" <nanobapt@nordnet.fr> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 5:49 PM Subject: Re: Winliblnp problems (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

John, There is another one in $(BRICKOS_ROOT)\Make...le.common. It will below the line you comment here but I don't see any typos # # Cygwin 1.1 # ifneq (,$(findstring CYGWIN,$(OSTYPE))) What do you get when you type uname at the prompt? Ed John (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

This still doesn't work for me. Can you use a similar findstring as the one in the root Makefile.common? The one that looks like this; ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin CYGWIN_NT-4.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.1 WindowsNT Windows_NT)) J* (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Winliblnp problems

a ActiveX is easy to written with an other Comm activeX for Windows no ? nanobapt ----- Original Message ----- From: Shehryar Shaheen <shehryar.shaheen@ul.ie> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 6:31 PM Subject: (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Winliblnp problems

I am using LNP under Linux, I was referring to your suggested solution, which is both sensibly and confusingly called Winliblnp (distinct from winlnp) - a port of liblnp for Windows. I want to write robot control apps using video feedback, and my (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Winliblnp problems

To my knowledge nobody has been succesful with WinLNP! I gave up after a while and now use LNP under Linux. There was some work that somboby did which allowed the deamon to run on Linux but the LNP program could be run under windows. U could do a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Winliblnp problems

Hi all, I recently downloaded winliblnp, the port by Michael Bunk of liblnp to windows. Exactly what I needed, thanks Michael. Unfortunately, I'm rather new to VC++ and I can't get it to compile. First, I tried compiling it on its own - no joy (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

John, It looks like my patch to catch all WindowsOS broke for Linux. Ooops. I see an extra comma in there that should not be there. Could you try the following for me (or just remove the comma)? --- util/Makefile.common.old Thu Sep 5 16:51:27 2002 (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: got usb tower working at quad speed under linux

(...) Sounds like you've been very busy, Chris. I would love to see the changes you have made.... Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Warning cleanup questions with gcc3.2

(...) Sounds ok to me. Is the TODO file a good indication of what needs to be done for a 1.0.0 release, or do you have other tasks in mind (in case I find myself with idle hands)? J* (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  got usb tower working at quad speed under linux

I've managed to get the USB tower working for quad speed downloads under linux. There were some interesting issues along the way. 1) The usb tower doesn't allow control over parity, so you have to leave it on odd. I got around this by making a new (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Warning cleanup questions with gcc3.2

(...) <snip> (...) I'd like to say not at this time. Let me explain and then let's all comment so I can see how my idea resonates with ya'll ;-) I'd like to hold off addressing the GCC 3.x issues for only this upcoming release (brickOS 1.0.0). My (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Warning cleanup questions with gcc3.2

(...) However it should be fixed, as there's no guarantee future versions of gcc will support deprecated features. ROSCO (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Warning cleanup questions with gcc3.2

(...) I am running 3.1 and got the same error. But for user programs only because a line in boot/config.h is too long. In fact this is no error but just a warning. Looks bad but the code is ok. (...) If you look at the beginning of the file (I think (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  small patch to build dll on linux

I had problems on Linux with building dll from CVS. Apparently, it thought that I was running windows. The simple patch below fixes the problem for me, but I don't know if it leaves the cygwin build intact... --- util/Makefile.common.old Thu Sep 5 (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Warning cleanup questions with gcc3.2

When compiling brickos with gcc3.2, I get a lot (about 360 or so) of warnings about two things; a) warning: multi-line string literals are deprecated These seem to be mostly quotes around blocks of assembly code. Some of the code in lib/mint seems (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: gcc

I am running Windows XP. Should I also use the version of binutils that the install steps recommend? I was reading the post about newer version of binutils and was wondering if there are any advantages to using the newer releases. If there are (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: gcc

Sam Paolo Masetti instructions, (URL) suggest downloading gcc-2.95.2 for building the cross compiler. These instructions are standard instructions for windows os. By the way which Windows OS(s) are you running on (or plan to)? Ed Samuel Winchenbach (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Semaphore(s) locked when task killed.

This has been suggested and may very well be the best way to handle manual removal of a runaway task. I plan to investigate this once I get my current updates squared-away. I hope this type of handling can be done in the kernel only. User tasks (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Semaphore(s) locked when task killed.

Last night I worked on a solution to this. So far it is coming along very good. My proposed solution is to write tasks so that they shutdown when signalled. The user tasks should respond to the run/stop button by shutting down gracefully. If a task (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  gcc

Hi Everyone, I just installed the latest version of cygwin, and downloaded binutils 2.12. I am wondering what version of gcc I should download, thanks. Sam (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Have you considered implementing thread cleanup handlers? Similar to what pthread_cleanup_push and pthread_cleanup_pop provide. "Joseph Woolley" <jwoolley@spamblock....ht.rr.com> wrote in message news:H1w6v9.8M0@lugnet.com... (...) tasks. (...) task (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Semaphore(s) locked when task killed.

(...) This explains a problem I've been having. I've noticed this exact issue, but I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong, or exactly what the problem was. I have a program that sends IR messages (for proximity) and after the program is (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Semaphore(s) locked when task killed.

(...) hmmm I wonder what other unix like OSs do in this situation? automatically unlocking doesn't seem particuarlly clean, what is to say that it is safe to unlock the mutexes just because the locking thread has been killed? Perhaps we can (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Semaphore(s) locked when task killed.

I have found that killing a task which is sending data via lnp will cause lnp to stop functioning. Turning the brick off then on again will get lnp working again. The issue is with the semaphore(s) used in the kernel tasks. Currently there is no (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Small problem compiling w/gcc-3.2 and binutils-2.12.0 with patch.

John, Good Job, John! It seems that older version of gcc don't catch the problem. I applied the changes and it compiles fine for me; I updated CVS. // Joe "John Jorgensen" <jjorgens@2gn.com> wrote in message news:Pine.LNX.4.21.0...2gn.com... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Small problem compiling w/gcc-3.2 and binutils-2.12.0 with patch.

While compiling the brickos kernel under gcc-3.2 and binutils-2.12.0 I was getting errors about nb_tasks and nb_system_tasks not being te same as their declarations so I made them volatile just like in the header and the kernel now compiles. The (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Legos or Lejos

(...) If you already know some Java, I recommend Lejos. It has some very reliable classes for RCX to RCX communications using Java streams. It also has some useful debugging features. Good luck, Roger (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: binutils 2.12 is the last one to work

(...) yes, that's possible, but isn't the symbolsrec format a bit of a standard, indicating that the 2.12.1 version is just buggy? Also, it doesn't help with 2.13 since that one doesn't even get to produce any code. alejandro (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: binutils 2.12 is the last one to work Re: was compile error (was link error with binutils 2.13)

(...) You are right. I have the 2.12.1 rpm in my package folder and assumend that it is the one I use. But asking ld for it's version resulted in 2.12. One way ist to stay with 2.12, a second way is to change makelx so it could handle the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.07 avail for testing

This is our first public visible test version since the name change. It is also the first in what will be a series of test releases. We will announce when we think we are closing in on the actual release. Details regarding test release content, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  binutils 2.12 is the last one to work Re: was compile error (was link error with binutils 2.13)

i did a binary search on binutils versions, compiling and installing each one to see which one was the last one to work, and the transition from 2.12 to 2.12.1 is the killer. The symbolsrec format seems to change between 2.12 and 2.12.1, so the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error (was link error with binutils 2.13)

(...) no, compiled my own. i've now switched to 3.1.1 (just because it is my main compiler and i thought there might be some incompatibilities there) (...) I downgraded to 2.12.1 and it got further, thanks for the hint. Still fails, but at a later (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: link error with binutils 2.13

Hi, (...) I'm running 3.1 and binutils 2.12.1. Did you have a 3.2 rpm-package? (...) You can get rid of these by making the #error string in config.h smaller. (...) Had the same problem with binutils 2.12.1-1. After a downgrade back to 2.12.1 all (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  link error with binutils 2.13

hi, after a long time having a running legos 0.2.5, with gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.9.1, i decided to get legos 0.2.6 and use the opportunity to upgrade gcc to 3.2 and binutils to 2.13. Everything went smoothly (even the firmware seems to load (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Sampling

every time no ? nanobapt ----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Hassenplug <hassenplug@mail.com> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 3:14 PM Subject: Sensor Sampling (...) measurement time (so I'm told) and I need (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Sensor Sampling

Can anyone tell me how often the sensors are sampled in BrickOS? In the standard firmware, they are sampled every 3ms with a .02 measurement time (so I'm told) and I need to know if BrickOS is the same. Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: javastorms

It would appear that javastorms is a project which allows a computer, running java applications to read/write to the RCX (using a BrickOS application on the RCX). leJOS differs in that the java run-time is loaded onto the RCX and the java code is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  javastorms

Hello everybody, someone here know what is the functional difference between leJOS and javastorms (www.javastorms.org) ? thankx regards (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Legos or Lejos

Hi Geeraard, Well, it mostly depends on what is your favorite language. If you're a hard-core C coder and don't mind working in a difficult coding environment, LegOS might be for you. Otherwize I would recommend leJOS. Note that in the past, LegOS (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Legos or Lejos

Hello, I was wondering which OS to use for my RCX. ( Legos or Lejos) I've searched the internet and found out that Lejos is newer than Legos and had in the past not all the functions of Legos. Is there any change in this? I need the RCX to RCX (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

there was some old development version... we're glad we noticed by ourselves for lack of feedback. maybe lubnet is way too restrictive? the new url: (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp addressing messages

(...) Martin Cornelius wrote a nice little piece on this and related isues. it can be found at: (URL) particular look for the sentence: (...) and all shall be revealed :) taken from luis villas legOS howto i initialize lnp on the PC with: (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp addressing messages

(...) hmmmm..okay.......ill give it a shot. the line below: result = lnp_addressing_write(data,len ,DEST_ADDR,MY_PORT_1); will send a message pointed to by data, consisting of len bytes of data to the DEST_ADDR destination using my MY_PORT_1 port. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lnp addressing messages

I have some problem to understand the lnp addressing message. How to set addresse of computer. How to send a message etc ... I have an example (lnpd example but i don't understand this : #define DEST_ADDR ( DEST_HOST << 4 | DEST_PORT ) result = (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: some problems changing CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR

hi there, and thnx for the quick reply! so changing the CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR, rebuilding legOS and *.lx program and then download both should work ? oki, ill give it a try tomorrow when i have access to the RCX's. ill also look into the patches you (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: some problems changing CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR

(...) Hey Ken, I had similar troubles when trying to do development for multiple bots and different LNP addresses. What I found was that I needed to do a fresh recompile of the entire legOS project whenever I changed the LNP ID, as well recompiling (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  some problems changing CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR

hi all. im currently using legOS 0.2.4.(on linux) i have created a communication algorithm builing on lnp_addressing_write for use with multiple RCX's and as such i need to differ between them. this i thought i could do by changing the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Camera Shutter Speed Measurement in Legos

I wrote a little program to measure shutter speeds and it seems to work. It uses a light sensor in passive mode to be more accurate at fast shutter speeds. I think it could be fairly accurate at even 1/1000 sec. If anyone is interested I could send (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cyggy

(...) URL. Current Cygwin works very well. The only problem is some Makefile breakage in brickos. BTW, I think hosting that cygwin.exe is a technical violation of the GPL. Max. (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP questions

The variable 'tx_state' referenced in lnp-logical.h will have the value TX_ACTIVE if transmitting. lnp_integrity_write can be blocking for other reasons such as waiting for the xmit buffer to be available or waiting for a delay after transmit (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cyggy

I have a vaguely important post which is: the new version of Cygwin is a bugger to get working with Brickos 0.2.6, but the old version, Cygwin B-20 works fine so nobody waste your time on the new version of Cyggy and download it from (URL) for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & vision command

Is there a way to include Vision command librayrie for brickOS devellopment ? I think VC is really slow !! nanobapt (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP questions

Can anyone tell me if this function is blocking: lnp_integrity_write or, how can I find out when it is complete? I'm trying to do proximity stuff with BrickOS and I want to know when IR is being transmitted. Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error

Make sure you've editted Makefile.common. The TOOLPREFIX and LEGOS_ROOT lines should point to the appropriate directories on your system, as described in the comments. Make sure that you put a trailing slash on the LEGOS_ROOT directory. -- From "The (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: "No such file or directory"

which command is execute by the make ?? nanobapt ----- Original Message ----- From: Ralph Clark <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 7:52 PM Subject: Re: "No such file or directory" (...) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: "No such file or directory"

Well chaps, 0.2.6 is still messing around with me so I've gone back to legOS 0.2.5 which works perfectly! "Ralph Clark" <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H17EG6.Epv@lugnet.com... (...) errors: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  "No such file or directory"

Please could someone help me. When I type "make rover.lx" in the demo directory in the legos-0.2.6 directory, the compiler gives me these errors: rover.c:29: conio.h: No such file or directory rover.c:30: unistd.h: No such file or directory (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work but thanks for your input anyway. (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...

kenneth johansen <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3D6145A4.82718C....uit.no... (...) new (...) called (...) change:) (...) I did a quick Search within google and came up with these two threads (URL) gives a step by step procedure for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: compile error

There was a problem in our makefiles (fixed post 0.2.6.05) that affected building images from a subdirectory of the LegOS root. I think the problem comes about when using Cygwin and you put the LegOS source root in a directory parallel to the Cygwin (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to check if a thread is still alive?

Hi, this is my first post to this group, so please excude if this is a trivial question... I just got started with Mindstorms and am playing around with the various programming options available trying to find the one that fits me best. I started of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compile error

I get a compile error too, but a different one. I have written a simple program called light.c which I have put in the demo directory. I then cd into the demo directory and type "make light.lx", but then I get loads of errors as follows: (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Any news on USB support for linux?

Keep an eye on legousb.sourceforge.net I've got some file releases going out this week which should meet your needs. (Revived the project, working off of Bret Thaeler's code [been unable to get ahold of him]). -Brendan (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...

(...) I believe there are, or at least were, some technical problems around just changing the name of a group. So perhaps having the old name group stick around is the better approach. That group could even be locked for posting, perhaps, (with some (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.admin.general)

  compile error

I'm trying to compile the demo code provided with legOS-0.2.6. When I type "make helloworld.lx" or "make all", I get the following error: Any ideas how to fix this? I'm using Linux kernel 2.4.19. -Dan /usr/bin/h8300-hitachi-hms-ld -T (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...

having some sort of forwarding mechanism from the old legos group to the new brickos newsgroup IMHO would be the best solution for old and new customers :) old users, use the new brickos newsgroup, new users, who still think its called legos, gets (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...

(...) As (...) I would prefer to see a single newsgroup for several reasons. brickOS is a morphing or molting from legOS if you will not a diverging or evolutionary different creation (i.e. it is only a name change). brickOS and legOS are the same (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Where does "win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip" come into all this?

Ralph, (...) All the material, stuffing, code, etc. comes from the ~14MB of downloads for cygwin. Using some of the tools you download, configure and make, you can create the cross compiler. You might want to check out some of the following GNU (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Where does "win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip" come into all this?

Hi Ralph, (...) I don't know what you want to tell but if you want to build the cross compiler from sources you must closely follow the steps mentioned in the instructions. I haven't done that but running brickOS under Linux. But: (...) This has (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: For anyone kind enough to help me.....

Ralph, make realclean looks good. The first error I see is it looks for cc instead of gcc for the compiler. I am assuming you picked up legos-0.2.6 distrubition version. If I am not mistaken this is an error in the Makefile which causes the wrong OS (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  For anyone kind enough to help me.....

I'd be REALLY grateful if someone could sort out my problem. Below I have listed the output of when I type 'make realclean' and then type 'make depend' (having followed the sourceforge cygwin instructions up to this point). If anyone could tell me (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Where does "win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip" come into all this?

After typing make realclean: for i in util lib boot demo ; do make - --unix NODEPS=yes -C $i realclean ; done make[1]: Entering directory `/legos-0.2.6/util' make - --unix -w -C dll-src clean make[2]: Entering directory `/legos-0.2.6/util/dll-src' (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Ralph, What does the output from the first command, make realclean, look like? Ed Ralph Clark <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H119uM.HHG@lugnet.com... (...) working (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Where does "win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip" come into all this?

Hi. I'm still not getting this thing to work under Win98 under Cygwin. I'm using these instructions: (URL) and when I compare them with other instructions I can't see why the sourceforge cygwin instructions don't contain anything about the file with (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...

Stephen, (...) I'd gladly second that (self-)nomination! (...) I would consider keeping the old group and creating a new one for brickOS. My main reasoning is that there are sure to be queries about previous releases of legOS for quite some time, (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS newsgroups

I believe this is the most active group you will find. It seem right now, no one has anything to say. (or ask) Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph Clark" <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:54:30 GMT To: (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 install help

Ralph - You need to drill down into the various packagte categories objects (Admin, Base, Devel, ...). For Example: the Base category contains - ash, bash, cygwin, etc.; the Devel category contains - autoconf, automake, etc. Just click on each item (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS newsgroups

Could someone give me the address of a more active BrickOS newsgroup please? This one seems to be a bit dead. Maybe all the experts are on holiday..... (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 0.2.4 and W2k...I really need help...

(...) ... (...) Did you try to use a current version of cygwin ? looks like cygwin-B20 which is a little bit stoneaged -Volker (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Win98 install help

Hi there. Please can someone help me. I've been following the instructions at: (URL) word for word and then I got to the bit where it says: "Last setup I've tried let you choose which modules you need to download and setup. Here is a minimal list (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  getopt.h,.c: GNU or Berkley version?

In working with the DJGPP "port" of brickOS it is noted that DJGPP does not provide getopt. The solution to this is for one to compile it in the process of compiling one's software. As I check my machine I find two versions of it, a GNU version (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  0.2.4 and W2k...I really need help...

Hello there, I've really tried to make it work myself...I've spent about three days and nothing...I've tried Linux - Slackware, Cygnus. I tried follow (URL) and I can't make it work. Now I'm trying (URL) when I'm trying to compile legOS I'm getting (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legos.sourceforget.net broken

"Stephen M Moraco" wrote in message (...) I tried to send out a message from the BrickOS mailing list, but didn't see it pop up in my email... do we need to "sign-up" for the new one? Or will the old one be "copied" over? // Joe p.s. I am (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legos.sourceforget.net broken

(...) Thanks for the heads up, Mark. What's broken? (I did seem to misspell a URL to the brickOS website.) I'm fixing that now. See anything else? Stephen -- stephen@debian.org stephmo@users.sourceforge.net (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legos.sourceforget.net broken

I'm not sure who would be responsible for this but the legos website at sourceforge is broken. (URL) doesn't work. It looks some changes were underway for the brickOS name change. mark (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact