 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2759 (-100)
  Cool Demo??

Does anyone have any programs that would make for a cool demo of the mindstorms package for 8-14yr olds and their parents? Preferably that would work well with the basic roverbots and would involve communication amongst multiple robots. I was going (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  legOS and Windows

Hello to all, I'm new here, I finally decided to play a bit with legOS (was only using NQC until now). After reading all the posts describing problems with installing it under Windows, I am happy to say that everything works without too many (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX and legOS users in the Chicago metro area

I'm looking for Mindstorms RCX users in the northern Chicago metro area. Are there swap meets or competitions or working groups? I'm using legOS and emuLegOS in a Linux environment. (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

I put it on a temporary account: (URL) luck :) Michael (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

Hmm well i would like to see the lnpd ported to windows but, the client is a very good start. WinLNP was pretty much useless so any code you can put out would be very helpful. Good luck with the porting, Jason Hensler (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: LNPD and Cygwin

Actually, last night, I was able to get .NET talking to the IR tower, and have a method for (most of the time) reading an LNP packet, but not processing. If I tidy up the code, would anyone be interested in it? Matt -----Original Message----- From: (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

4 weeks ago (26-Jun-02) i offered a port of liblnp for windows where the daemon lnpd still has to run under linux, but at least clients can run under windooze. but nobody answered to that message. porting lnpd to windows is hard, because for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) Ummm.... Ok. Your call :-) But if the necessary porting turns out to be harder than expected, remember Cygwin. Max. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) This whole thread is about using legOS under DJGPP, not Cygwin. I really don't know why, but some people, me included, like DOS better. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) What about using Cygwin instead of DJGPP ? Max. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD and Cygwin

Is it possible to build and use LNPD under cygwin? None of the windows implementations of LNP really fit my needs (WinLNP might, if it would ever work) And if it is possible to build it, how? I attempted to and just ended up with build errors about (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: lnp on alternate microcontrollers

I'm very interested in this as well. I hope to work on it this winter, when I spend my free time on legos and computers instead of boating and playing sports. I've ordered a couple Hitachi h8 series microcontrollers and developer kits. If anyone (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: new name

When I checked last, getting a trademark on a name costed (I believe) about $45. Just my 2 cents Matt -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Frank Carney Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) If it helps, I got binutils to compile by using the --disable-bfd-assembler option to configure. Then I ran into gcc troubles. I just gave up and bought Linux. dll and firmdl3 will need major rewrites because DJGPP has no tty functionality. A (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  re: new name

You might consider getting a trademark so that not even lego can say anything to us about the name. Is this an expensive prospect? How about a superfund for it? Probably would want to get it in the names of all the major authors. Frank (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lnp on alternate microcontrollers

Has anyone tackled putting lnp on a non-lego microcontroller? This would be an interesting project. Frank (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

Nice to see that someone is so involved in BrickOS like you are. Just don't go dissapear. /Joel (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  *** legOS new name: And the winner is... ***

It is over now. There is a clear winner. The votes with the following phrases for osmOS are as follows: Too late for brickfest obscured by clouds since the open source alchemie... lbDPL cos' the brick is thick fischkopp more things considered next (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

Have you tried the 0.2.6.05 ?? I remember something in this area while I was debugging RCX message passing. There is a different semaphone for the xmit buffer separate from the transmitter (TX) in 0.2.6.05 that was not so in 0.2.6 The very latest (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

no..wait.. im fairly sertain that i did have a context shift while in lnp_addressing_write..after all .could that be why it never returns ? Falco, i tried looking at your thread safe example in emulegos, but im afraid i didnt understand much of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

heh.. tried that.. no luck :( sigh..after yet a couple of hours trying to figgure this out, im 99,99% sure that the problem is in lnp_addressing_write. could this be that the function is not thread safe ? but then again i have protected the function (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

"kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3D343FAA.172476....uit.no... (...) I imagine you could just do something like lnp_addressing_set_handler( PORT, (lnp_addressing_handler_t) NULL ); I'm also curious as to why (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

another dumb question about lnp:) i was wondering if it possible to do something like lnp_addressing_remov...,handler); as opposed to lnp_addressing_set_h...,handler); after much debugging i think i have traced my problem to the fact that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

I have been thinking (and toying with some ideas) concerning tthe wakeup checking. It might be possible to do wakeup checking more often then between each timeslice. This would make msleep more accurate and provide better sensor handling. I know (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

(...) Yea you're right. I wasn't thinking. /Joel (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

I've been experimenting with memory leak detection in the wake of recent discussions, and have some additional thoughts, including a potential kernel patch issue. This msg is a bit long, appologies. The proposed method of checking for memory leaks (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  yet another question about lnp

thanx to mark falco and albert huang for helping me out with lnp_init. But now i have another problem. if i execute lnp_addressing_write at approximately the same time as i recieve data on the serial port, lnp_addressing_write does not return.. the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: whats up with lnp_init?

(...) I ran into this when using the LNP library to emulate LNP in the RCX as part of emuLegOS (URL) emuLegOS contains a thread safe wrapper for the LNP library. It should be fairly simple to extract that code into your own library for use in non (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: whats up with lnp_init?

"kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3D31CF01.37F981....uit.no... (...) Kenneth, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but lnpd as it is right now might not fare so well with reentrant code (i.e. pthreads) because the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX to RCX communication

"Luke Ma" <Luke_Ma@brown.edu> wrote in message news:Gz83nF.7D9@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) outputs. (...) eep. erm... we never posted RCX-RCX sample code up. never gave any of the students two bricks. and the LNP code up on our website has our own (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Running legOS under DJGPP Status

With increase discussion about running legOS under DJGPP I started investigating this process. The following is a status report of where I am and the steps I took to get there. Beware that I have jumped around some, left some tasks unfinished, and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  whats up with lnp_init?

i have 2 threads (pthreads), 1 that sends and 1 that recieves on my PC. both of these runs in while(1) sentences. so.. i thought lnp_init was to be run only once, but unless i run the lnp_init routine each time i want to send a message nothing get (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  *** legOS new name - reminder ***

What is the better name for legOS? Is it osmOS or brickOS? Make up your mind and send your vote, either for brickOS or for osmOS, with the usual identification phrase, to legOS-namepoll@gmx.de The last day for your vote is Thursday, 18th. Regards, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX to RCX communication

(...) Mark, I was a TA(Teaching Assistant) for a course at Brown University that invovled building robots with the mindstorms kit. Go to the web site: (URL) and click on the link to take you to the normal page. Then go to the "LegOS" section fo the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX to RCX communication

I have studied the sources on the WEB for LNP but have not found any examples of C or C++ code for RCX to RCX communication. I have two RCXs and would like to build something that takes advantage of 6 inputs and 6 outputs. Do you have a sample you (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

In case anyone attempts to use the mm_defrag() posted previously... you will need the following update to mm_try_join() //! check for free blocks after this one and join them if possible /* \param ptr pointer to size field of current block \return (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

Jason, Excellent points! I like where this is going. "Jason Clark" wrote <snip> (...) See below. (...) then (...) Yes, it uses mm_try_join() --- here it is: //! defragment free blocks /*! use mm_try_join on each free block of memory */ void (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

(...) Please, post. (...) I'm guessing you defrag using mm_try_join()? malloc() uses this to defrag the beginning of the pool until it finds a big enough block (which can then be split again if its too big); Defragging during idle would save this (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) Thanks for conducting the test... being 200+ miles away from my RCX this was bugging me :). My sources (gcc-2.95.2) have the same #define... but with the following about 120 lines earlier: /* Make int's 32 bits. */ #define TARGET_INT32 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

John A. Tamplin, Jason Clark, Jochen Hoenicke and Michael J Ash: Thank you all for addressing these issues! It all make sense after reading the preceeding messages. I appologize for causing confusion. I am glad, however, to get it straight. ??So (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  detecting memory leaks

In the thread "anyone know how to check free space on RCX?" the issue of checking for memory leaks was raised. I wanted to mention that I have some code that may help in that area. I wrote a function for the memory manager called mm_defrag() It (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) The header is ok, but int is 2 bytes = 16 bit. You can check this with this highly optimized program: #include <conio.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { lcd_int( sizeof( int ) ); for(;;) ; return 0; } And in the kernel sources, mm.c says (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) This can't be right. I'm about 99% sure that all of the ints I've used with my legOS programs have been 2 bytes. When using LNP to send RCX ints to a PC, for example, you have to use short on the PC end of things to make it all work right. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) My sources (gcc-3.0) say: #define INT_TYPE_SIZE (TARGET_INT32 ? 32 : 16) A short experiment revealed that sizeof(short)=sizeof(int)=2, sizeof(long)=4. So int is normally 16bit. Only with the switch "-mint32" I get 32 bit ints. This is with a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) According to config/h8300/h8300.h in the gcc sources, int is 32bit for the h8 cross compiler. I believe the reason mm_free_mem() returns an int is because the memory manager stores the size of each free block as size_t, which is defined in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) int is defined as the natural width of the processor, which on a 16-bit processor is 16 bits. longs are 64 bits on some machines as well, so you can't assume it is always 32 bits -- if your code cares, use sizeof. (...) 32-bit math on the H8 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

That is very interesting Jason. It is interesting that mm_free_mem() returns a 16bit value using a 32bit return code. Both int and long are 32bit value on most computers/compilers these days; short would be a 16bit value; and char would be an 8bit (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

While the declaration for mm_free_mem is int mm_free_mem(void) The fact is that the RCX has only 32K of memory available. 32K in hex is 0x8000... there's never a need for more than 4 digits in hex. Looking at key_handler() in kernel/program.c (the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

Brilliant! Brilliant! It works! Many Thanks to Micheal Obenland and also to Steve Hassenplug Best Regards Shehryar "Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de> wrote in message news:Gz1xAM.Inn@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) ---...--- (...) ---...--- (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

Albert Huang, Sorry for the confusion. "most significant" = upper 16 bits and "least significant" = lower 16 bits (the free memory is a 32 bit value). If you write the values out, you will get the 32 bit value (both values are hex) ... for example: (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) v0.2.6) When you press the View button (with no program running) LegOS will (...) Joseph, what do you mean by most significant / least significant? I'm under the impression that those two calls just display the same value, in decimal first and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Re: Scheduler patch

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

Joseph, Not to add too much work load, if you have a chance could you give an overview of the proposals out there for the task scheduling and sensor modifications (if any). This could be simply a quick list of lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos threads which (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

(...) Well, that's much easier than all the crap I was going through. I guess it helps if you actually know what you're talking about. Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

To solve your problems with demo.c, you sent me your source. There are some problems with it, but I think they are intresting enough to say something about them. The big problem you get with your program is caused by your main function: ---...--- (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  ***legOS new name : deadline is 18.07.***

As Steve mentioned, the 23.07. is too late for the announcement of the new name at Brickfest. I think it would be great to do so, so I decided to make the deadline at Thursday, 18.07. I will publish the new name around midnight of the 18.07 and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lnp error message..huh?

woolley thnx for the tip on checking the RCX memory.. now i have another question.. after having run continous messages back and forth between the RCX and my program on my PC for ~10 minutes. i get this error message: ---...--- Transmit error: (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

(...) I'd built a maze solver. When the solver makes a step (for example forward) it uses the light sensor to search for a wall and the rotation sensor to measure the distance it has traveled. If a wall is hit, the solver steps back until it reaches (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

"Joel Uddén" wrote (...) not (...) Actually, each task gets equal "wakeup" checking. The only difference between a low priority task and a high priority task is that the high priority task gets a larger time-slice when it is awake. This is not an (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

(...) Thanks for the link, your solution of proportional timeslicing is more straightforward than mine which I like. The only downside would be that a high prioritized process would have it's wakeup conditions checked less frequently than a low (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

kenneth, I believe the code you are looking for is used in program.c (for LegOS v0.2.6) When you press the View button (with no program running) LegOS will show you "FREE", press again, you will get the most significant portion of the free memory (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: *** legOS new name - second ballot ***

Is there any way voting could be cut down to one week? It would be really nice to have a formal new name before Brickfest (July 19-21). Please send your vote, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  *** legOS new name - second ballot ***

Wow, the LEGOS group folks are fast! Both osmOS and brickOS are good for them, so I start the last and ultimate ballot. Please send your vote, either for brickOS or for osmOS, with the usual identification phrase, to legOS-namepoll@gmx.de The last (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS new name - result and new problems

Hi out there, I know you are anxious to hear about the new name of legOS. Good news first: you don't have to flood my mail folder, here it goes... Here is the list of the names together with the phrases, if I got one. So everyone can see if his vote (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

hi all...after a while my RCX hangs and i think i might have a memory leak somewhere. anyone have, or know of, a function which i can use to check the available memory while my program is running ? regards kenneth johansen kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

Can you tell which line it's locking up on? Try commenting out lines until it doesn't lock up (or until you run out of lines) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shehryar Shaheen" <shehryar.shaheen@ul.ie> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:42:56 GMT To: (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

That is correct each Task started has a higher priority and they all have a higher prority than task_swapper like Prio Task 1 -- Task Swapper 2 -- Motor Driver Task 3 -- Light Sensor Task 4 -- Touch Sensor I changed the all the priorities to 1 but I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

If I understand this correctly (which I doubt) each task you start, has a higher priority, and they all have a higher priority than the 'task_swapper' task. Try setting all the priorities the same. Like to 1. See what that does. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

The code I have taken out of HOWTO.ps (URL) given at the end of the document under the name Demo.c I have fixed some compile time errors (like mismatching process ids in the kill call, the function for getting button state is dbutton() and not (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO Demo.c

I'm no expert, but I can try to help you figure it out. Let's start with something simple. What version of LegOS are you using? How are you starting the 'task_swapper' task? What is in the 'motor_driver' task? At one time, when I was working with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HOWTO Demo.c

Need Help, if someone has faced such a problem or knows the fix please do reply. In the legOS Howto their is a demo code demo.c which has some task switching examples I am having trouble with the following piece of code int task_swapper() { (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: [ANN] pbForth Version 2.1.5 Release and IR Data Tutorial

Hi Ralph, I don't know if you remember, but I had problems with SAVE-SYSTEM (see msg# 508)... until now! Just to let you know, with pbForth V2.1.5 and (more likely) GUI V2.1.3, it works fine! Thanks Mario (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  some lnp thoughts

hi all, im sitting here wondering if i should use lnp_addressing_write or lnp_integrity_write. The thing is that im writing a "sliding windows" protocol that might be used by other students here at the local university this autumn (as well as in my (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: [ANN] pbForth Version 2.1.5 Release and IR Data Tutorial

(...) Stupid cut and paste error on my part. It's fixed now... Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: [ANN] pbForth Version 2.1.5 Release and IR Data Tutorial

Hi Ralph, I just tried the latest version and I can't setup the IR port (mine is USB). I get the following message: Error: can't read "portID": no such variable Works fine with the previous version. Thanks Mario (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  [ANN] pbForth Version 2.1.5 Release and IR Data Tutorial

The new 2.1.5 Version of pbForth has a minor fix that affected programmers using the MARKER and LEAVE words. Thanks to Alexander Cech of Austria for supplying great bug reports! I recommend you get the new 2.1.3 GUI while you're at it because it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

I posted some code and a simple explaination of my implementation. Here is the link: (URL) me know if you need clarification or want more information/code (I have the .tar.gz to compile a LegOS kernel that is somewhere between 2.6 and 2.7 and my (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with changing LNP_HOSTADDR

did it work now ? nanobapt ----- Original Message ----- From: Kai Koehne <Kai.Koehne@student....otsdam.de> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 1:52 PM Subject: Problems with changing LNP_HOSTADDR Hi, since a few hours, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with changing LNP_HOSTADDR

(...) With the default CONF_LNP_HOSTMASK (0xf0), the host adress is encoded in the higher 4 bits, so you should write #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x10 Eric (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with changing LNP_HOSTADDR

Hi, since a few hours, I'm trying to give an RCX another LNP_HOSTADDR - so I changed the appropriate line in boot/config.h from #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x00 //!< LNP host address to #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x01 //!< LNP host address and compiled (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HOWTO Demo.c

I was able to fix the previous problem regarding the light sensor Thank u Joseph Woolley for your reply. I have another one In the legOS Howto their is a demo code demo.c which has some task switching examples I am having trouble with the following (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  *** name poll: make your votes reminder ***

This is a reminder for all of you who have not voted for the new legOS name. Now is YOUR turn. I've collected the names and present them at the end of this posting. You can vote for ONE ( 1 ) name. Send an eMail to legOS-namepoll@gmx.de with: - the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Light Sensor Problem

I had similar problems, so I added a bit of code to display the light sensor value on the LCD. I then placed the bot on the test pad and observed the various numbers as it crossed from white to green and black. I then updated the linetrack.c with (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Light Sensor Problem

Hello, I have been trying out the demo programs in legOS. all demos worked fine except linetrack.c. When I download linetrack.lx in the RCX (RCX2.0) and put it on the test pad that comes with mind storm the bot goes srtaight. It does not recognize (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Any news on USB support for linux?

Hi there, Is there any news on the development of support for the USB IR tower under linux? I found a HOWTO on the net by Ryan Simmons which claims to be able to get the tower working using a patch written by Bret Thaeler. (URL) anyone been able to (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  usb under windows

Hello! I purchased a Mindstorms 2.0 with USB tower half a year ago and now I want to play with it... My computer is running WinMe so I downloaded the winlegos.exe package from the legos page. When running firmdl3 it complains that it can't find the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  liblnp for windows

hi there, we have ported liblnp for windows, with vc++ 6.0. the daemon lnpd still has to run under linux. where can we put the source for the benefit of all? michael ps: could it be lnp was broken from legos-0.2.5 to 0.2.6? (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Error opening //./legotower1

/ted (and Ingolf) Thanks for this pointer. It works. /ed OOPS that should be \ed (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Error opening //./legotower1

Ed - Take a look at patch [568061] posted on SourceForge by 'Ingolf'. The problem looks easily resolved by changing the '/'s to '\'s. I have not had a chance to verify this fix myself yet. /ted "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Error opening //./legotower1

I am getting a common (apparent in the legos newsgroup) error "Error 53: Opening //./legotower1" when I try to download a program. I do successfully use firmdl3 to download the kernel even using the --tty=usb option. But when I try to download a (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  *** name poll 2nd phase: make your votes ***

Now is YOUR turn. I've collected the names and present them at the end of this posting. You can vote for ONE ( 1 ) name. Send an eMail to legOS-namepoll@gmx.de with: - the name you vote for - a phrase, choosen by you for example: I vote for: (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS new name: a remark

some of you may have noticed that I didn't include some names. I contacted the LEGO group and asked them about their feelings for a new name. I got the following answer: The new name should not include any of our trademarks, such as: LEGO, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: DJGPP & LegOS

Dave, This files are also located on the legOS website (URL) am currently trying to find any information about the process to build these using the current set of tools (gcc, legOS, etc) Ed David Chen <dcchen@pacbell.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: DJGPP & LegOS

I had once burned a CD-R with the entire conents of my DJGPP and LegOS directories with working binaries for firmdl.exe (for uploading your .srec firmware, includes the fast Xmit mode) and dll.exe (for loading your compiled programs) for someone who (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

Joel, I had planned on another post to provide a link to the code sample, but have run very short on time. I will try to get that up soon. I believe the sensor handling issue is a real issue. However, I have yet to see a simple solution that (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: DJGPP & LegOS

Here's some work that was done on May 23, 2002... (URL) Original Message ----- From: "Steve Hassenplug" <hassenplug@mail.com> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:51:33 GMT To: lugnet.robotics.rcx....lugnet.com Subject: Re: DJGPP & LegOS (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: DJGPP & LegOS

Well, here's a step in the right direction. (URL) I just have to figure out what it means. (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux, Cygwin, LegOS

As I said before: ("LegOS Team"=Unix)=Generalization I think I'm in the same boat as you, Ed. Personally, I really don't want to re-write the kernel (there are other more qualified people working on that) however I'm very interested in making LegOS (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux, Cygwin, DJGPP: what is it all about?

Steve, (...) LegOS? I have been looking into this (in between spending time with my family who is town and sneaking on the computer when my wife is not looking). Basically I don't know yet. If you search this newsgroup there is an individual Rossz (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

Joe I think proportional timeslicing would be a nice thing if the implementation would be efficient and straightforward. I don't consider my patch to be that. Would still be nice to see a snippet of your code. How do the other kernel developers feel (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact