 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2159 (-100)
  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) You mean USB on Mac OS X, or the USB tower specifically on any platform? You are really screwed if you need a serial driver on OS X. Since no serial hardware exists on post-98 Apple machines, OS X omits the legacy serial driver APIs. USB is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) Looks like you're probably the first to try this, so good luck! But if the Darwin version of cc can be built to support the h8, you're still gonna have to (most likely) make changes to firmdl & dll programs to get them working with the Mac. Do (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

I haven't tried this, but, you should probably get the gcc source from the Apple CVS server? (URL) heard that they were folding their Darwin modifications back into the real gcc source, that's why gnu.org isn't shipping it yet. For now the Apple CVS (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

ROSCO, I realise that would indeed be helpful! Didn't want a long and boring first post however... I've basically having a problem bulding gcc as a cross compiler. I started with the legOS HOWTO pages at (URL) . There it suggests using (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS on Mac OS X

(...) Seb, It would help if you posted info about what you've tried, and what the results were. I don't use OS X, but I know a lot about FreeBSD, which by most accounts is fairly close to Darwin. I suspect a few others here know even more 8?) (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

(...) Beware! A normal serial cable, with the attachment screws on each side of the D-shell, doesn't fit down the recess on the back of the tower (or at least, mine doesn't). regards, Ian SMith (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

(...) right. (...) Look here: (URL) lucky, three of them and they even got email (compare that to France where the only Dacta dealer hides behind a fax). (...) Generally yes, though with rotation sensor you might be out of luck. (...) There's (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

One more thing, this is why I am going to move to USA from Japan because I can buy LEGO in cheapest price and fast way, then I can have a big place to test my RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects, some of them need over 5m x 5m, I have no way to debug (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

If you want to buy something out of USA in (URL) to find a friend in USA and ask she/he repack and send items to you, I did like this. Most of sellers in (URL) can send items to any countries, I did many times. For (URL) discussion with seller, (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Zhengrong Zang writes: There are some problems though... (...) Tends to only offer a very limited range of products (in the UK at least) - trying to get hold of some parts from there, like rotation sensors, seems to be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

Hi, Try (URL) / (URL) luck! Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Can I use LegOS with CyberMaster?

(...) That is not possible, the Cybermaster has the firmware in ROM and very little (a few hundred bytes) RAM. (...) It doesn't. (...) The only one is NQC. Jürgen (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Can I use LegOS with CyberMaster?

I have CyberMaster and want to program my unit in C++. I use Linux platform. How does the command for Mindstorm work on CyberMaster? Is it other program that I can use? rik (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS on Mac OS X

Has anyone successfully installed legOS on Mac OS X? The OS has a FreeBSD UNIX-based layer, called Darwin, so I've heard that it shouldn't be too hard. Only, I'm finding that it is... My UNIX experience isn't vast, so I feel like I've tried (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Compiling or linking problem

I am having a problem compiling any program. I'll use helloworld.c that comes with legos as an example. This is the output of my terminal: $ make helloworld.lx /usr/bin/h830-hitachi-hms-ld -T ../boot/legOS.lds -relax -L/usr/lib/legOS/lib (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: floating point operation

(...) I suspect that when you look at the assembler code produced by the compiler you will find in the first instance it was able to optimize the FP multiply out of the inner loop since it didn't depend on the loop induction variable. Ie, it simply (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: floating point operation

(...) I should clarify that this is true for the first version only. For some reason, the compiler does not optimize the second version in the same way. Anyways, what I see in the disassembly for the first version is a loop to 100 inside a loop to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: floating point operation

(...) Compiler optimization? At least, a disassembly of similar code showed me that that seemed to be the case. The compiler can see that t is not used. Try returning t, or copying t to a global before you return from main. That will make things (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  floating point operation

I did some experiments with floating point operations and I was surprised when I tried this: int main(){ long t1; int i,j; float t; t1 = sys_time; for(j=0; j<1000; j++){ t=0.06; for(i=0; i<100; i++){ t=1.7*t; } } lcd_int((sys_time - t1)/1000); (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  where to buy individual parts?

Hi, My school currently has a robotics course that uses the RIS kits and LegOS. We're trying to expand the size of our class, and consequently need additional parts (and replacements for missing/broken parts) I've looked around on the lego homepage (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with the USB tower

Hi!Hary,I am sorry I replied to your mail from outside the lugnet list.Please reply to the list and I will make sure that I don't mess up. Regards, Rajendra (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with the USB tower

Where'd you the get the patch for LegOS that can use the USB tower? - Hary (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Sound driver and implementation

I found the sound driver and implementation in old version (0.2.0 below) is different from current version, I am not famlair about music and sound generating concept, does anyone give me some explanation? Thanks a lot! Zhengrong (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with the USB tower

(...) Yes. (...) Currently there isn't, see my posting (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with the USB tower

Hi!Everyone, I was trying to download the kernel to the RCX but the errors I get are something like this: -When I do ./firmdl3 ../legOS.srec I get the message: ./firmdl3:tower not responding. -When I do ./firmdl3 --tty=usb ../legOS.srec I get: (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I use WinLNP?

Tom, I'm struggling with WinLNP too. Tried to compile the LegoStudio prog in VC++6, but keeps hanging up. Don't think my old laptop is up to VC++6, or maybe I need the patch that is mentioned in other messages. In the meantime I have been using the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How do I use WinLNP?

Hi, Is there any instructions on WinLNP out there besides the ones on the homepage. I am kind of confused by them. Also, can anyone direct me to RCX talker? I have heard it mentioned a few times and it sounds like it is all I need, however I cannot (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compile multiple source files

Hello i see this post: (URL) to compile multiple source files, but i don't understand the changes to take to do, i see two parts: Makefile Fragment and Makefile.user patch, but My "Makefile.user" look a little bit diferent. I'm running legOS-0.2.4 (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Still having problems with helloworld.c

Thanks John! I will see if that works.I had almost given up and Mike was helping me set up the whole thing again alongwith the USB patch. Regards, Rajendra (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Still having problems with helloworld.c

Hi, I had the same problem you did and traced it back to a faulty line in loader.c (which contains makelx's main()). In revision 1.3 and earlier of that file you can find the following toward the end of the file: if(argc-optind<3 || lx.text_size==0) (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Battery eliminator?

Hi, I was looking at a webpage about a battery eliminator for a 1.5 rcx. It had a transformer and a voltage regulator and some dowel lengths to fit into the battery compartment. Can someone give me the webpage(or something similar) for this, I can't (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Still having problems with helloworld.c

Hi! I tried changing the path for KERNEL in makefile from Demos directory and giving the path for legOS there.Now I get a different message when I do 'make'.It says 'No rule to make target'?!Now is there any way I could solve this.If I download the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

I would love a copy of your USB source! So far I haven't had any luck communicating with the USB tower using my own code, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Do you have it posted somewhere or would you prefer to email it to me (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

You can comment CONF_LNP, this can save many memory. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

You have to comment CONF_PROGRAM if you commented CONF_TM, but I am not sure if you still can download your program without CONF_PROGRAM. I don't think you can comment CONF_TM. Zhengrong ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How do I find my kernel size?

Hi, Is the kernel size simply the size of the legos.srec file? I thought so initially, however my legos.srec file is 18800(or close to) and im pretty sure ive allocated more than than 19k using dynamic memory. Obviously this is more than 32k in (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

The only concern that I would have with this kind of an implementation is that if you plan on changing your brick's LNP address, you have to remember what address it used to be while you're downloading a program. It's not a huge deal, but it's an (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

Well, I will try to make a patch for this modification. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

looks fine to me. not a bad idea! -albert "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:GMBBt6.C4J@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: corect me please

I think you actually want dll -r10 the -r flag specifies which RCX to download the specified program to. you need the 10 because it is read in as a hex address. When you use (...) basically, whatever you set the HOSTADDR to, needs to match what you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Addendum: It seems bad to put legOS under /usr/lib. Please get a fresh legOS.tar.z from legOS.sourceforge.net and install it in your user home directory. (for me, that means in /home/obi. So legOS home is /home/obi/legOS at my linux system) You will (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) <sigh> I'm not sure either. Actually no idea so far. It seams that makelx is called with wrong parameters. But why? Did you successfully made the demos in the demo dir? (...) That puzzles me, too. The compiler and the binutils come as a rpm (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Well!I looked in the makefile and couldn't see anything wrong with the path.As for having legOS under usr/lib, it was done at the time of installing the rpm and I hadn't specified any path.Now,I tried copying config.h and putting it in the 'include' (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) The error messages state that helloworld includes conio.h which tries in line 41 to include config.h. Helloworld includes unistd.h which includes time.h which tries in line 32 to include config.h. So, conio.h, unistd.h and time.h are found, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

I found these MACROs are only used in lnp.c as below: kernel/lnp.c: lnp_buffer[3]=LNP_HOSTADDR | (srcport & LNP_PORTMASK); kernel/lnp.c: if(LNP_HOSTADDR == (dest & LNP_HOSTMASK)) {... You have to recompile legOS as this reason, if we can use two (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: corect me please

You need to use util/dll -r1 boot/brick1.lx or Try for help util/dll Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Mike, I made the changes in the Makefile by removing rover.lx and others.I didn't have to change the path of KERNEL or other Makefile files as the Project directory is in legOS directory.This time when I tried make helloworld.lx, I get the following (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Michael explained very detail, you can do as below if you don't want to do too complex: Make your Project directory inside ../legOS directory, copy Makefile from demo to Project directory, change PROGRAMS=helloworld.lx rover.lx linetrack.lx (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  corect me please

Thanks Bill with your help the code Albert gave me compiles nicely! Now i (...) //This is what I tried in LegOS/boot/config.h: #define CONF_LNP_HOSTMASK 0xf0 #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x10 //Then in a cygnus window I created a kernal make realclean (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) Ok. Now lets look at your "projects" dir. You take helloworld.c from demo and put it into "projects". Then you also put the Makefile you find in the demo dir into "projects", so you have two files: helloworld.c and Makefile. You now must edit (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Ok let me explain the whole process that I did.I downloaded the .rpm files for legOS,binutils and egcs and installed them.After that according to the HowTo documentation I wanted to test the compiler by compiling a simple program.I looked into the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

What do you mean Project directory? there is no this directory if I remember! Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

I compiled in the Project directory. -Rajendra (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

did you compile in demo directory? Zhengrong -------- (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Unable to compile helloworld.c

Hi! I was trying to compile the helloworld.c program by using "make helloworld.lx" but I get an error "make:*** No rule to make target 'helloworld.lx'.Stop." I had placed helloworld.c file alongwith Makefile.common in /usr/lib/legOS/Project (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

(...) Chris, First, I think the code in the main function should be as follows: int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) { char buf[256]; int len; //notice the variable i is missing lnp_address_set_handler( 1, port_handler ); while(1) { len = (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Albert, Thanks for responding to my post! I had trouble compileing the code maybe you could help or e-mail me the original.Thanks here is the error report: brick1.c: In function `read_from_ir': brick1.c:40: warning: passing arg 1 of `memcpy' di rget (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Couldn't download egcs files

Quoting Rajendra Kumar Penugonda : (...) How can I get those files?Also I was able to download the binutils (...) "/usr/local/crossgcc...-hms/lib", depending the way you unpacked the archive. Remember that the tar command can not set the first '/' (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Adjust Switch Time

When you made a Motorized Switch Point, if you want to use RCX to control it, this switch time is important value, a suitable time is better to switch point. You can find my AdjustSwitch.c for legOS, that can help you to do this. (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  Couldn't download egcs files

Hi! I tried to download the egcs files from the source site but was not able to do so.How can I get those files?Also I was able to download the binutils files.I did according to the Howto document but when I did "make install",I got the following (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Well, you can have the modified source files, if that's what you mean. But if you have the RS232 IR tower from 1.0 or 1.5, then you don't need the USB patch. - Hary (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems installing in Win98

I am trying to setup legOS on a Windows ME machine following the directions posted by Max Bowsher. I am using Cygwin 1.3.3 which comes with gcc 2.95.3-5. Everything goes fine until I try to make the gcc cross compiler using the command 'make (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Can you make a patch file? Although I still don't have it. But I can add it my patch for remote and message when I got it. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

I have added USB support to LegOS's firmdl, dll, and lnp under Windows. If anyone also has the USB IR tower (which LegOS's tools can't work with normally) instead of the RS232 tower, I can send out the modified source. - Hary (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Crosscompiler??

(...) For cygwin (Linux like environment fow Windows) go to (URL) newlib go to (URL) all the other GNU stuff go to (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Crosscompiler??

Hi!Everyone, Can somebody help me get the crosscomplier and the related files -egcs,binutils and h8300-hitach-hms? Regards, Raj ___...___ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Hi Chris, I just started experimenting with brick-to-brick rcx communication. This is some code that I got working. It doesn't do a whole lot, but it demonstrates the basics of what you need to do. There are two bricks involved. Hostmask is 0xf0. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Remote Control Train with legOS

I made a short legOS program to use remote control train in smooth speed, you can find it at my homepage. RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Hello, I want to use one RCX with 2 rotation sensors as a remote to control a second rcx. I own Extreme Mindstorms,have read the legOS howto,and checked the cvs at (URL) Any and all help would be appreciated. ldaiel2@prodigy.net (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lnpd for other OSes

Hi all, Does anyone know of any lnpd ports to non-linux and non-windows operating systems? I'm trying to get lnpd to work for Solaris 7, and would rather use someone else's hacked up code than port lnpd myself =P Along similar lines, has anybody (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New to legOS

Hi!Friends, I am quite new to this field but I must say I am enjoying my time spent on this.I am having some problems having the legOS work.I am not finding the h8300-hitachi-hms to download.The one that I found and downloaded doesn't seem to work (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 1.0,1.5 or 2.0 ? what gives ?

(...) Instead of using resistors, you can use RAW mode which measures how far in the sensor was pushed. Then use a bit of tape to prevent one of the sensors from being pushed in all the way. BTW, I am lucky enough to have a defective touch sensor (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: power_off()

(...) Mike, I ran into a similar problem when debugging pbForth years ago. Make sure that the stack pointer is saved somewhere in the on-chip memory of the RCX BEFORE putting the RCX to sleep. The sleep function puts the external RAM into a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  power_off()

Hi I have been trying to get the power_off() function to work, but every time I call it it either hangs the RCX just before turning off, or turns the RCX off and I can not turn it back on. In both cases I have to remove the batteries and wait for (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  remote control patch from Mike Zang

I've tried to get Mike's patch to work. Used a fresh legOS installation, applied patch. Compiled fine. But if I try to dll helloworld.lx, dll dies with "cant delete program" error. The -v option reveals, that the rcx sends no ack to the dll delete (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

Hi Kenenth, I suggest checking out (URL) for a *really* big list of development options for the RCX. Every RCX SDK I know of is listed there. -albert "kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3BBB3B27.4E75B9....uit.no... (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Update to Business 2.0 Article (was: LegOS forced to use another name?)

This update to the article discussed in this thread is taken from the November 2001 issue of Business 2.0. It isn't on (URL) so I thought I would run it through OCR and post it here for everyone to see. LUGNET gets a mention (but not a URL), and the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

Hi Kenneth, I can't add to your list, but have had some experience with Lejos which I recommend highly. You can find more about it at (URL) latest version, (1.03 beta) which you can download from that site, has more features and smaller footprint (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

hi all, i realise this is not strictly legOS related, but you guys are the best source i have so i thought id give it a shot anyways. Im trying to list all the options i have for changing the original "OS" and firmware. so far i have: NQC (doesnt (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS-0.2.3-tar.gz problems/incomplete?

I posted too soon. Just located the other web site (URL) Scott" <mikesc@nospam.telus.net> wrote in message news:GKFwCM.EuH@lugnet.com... (...) due (...) gcc (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS-0.2.3-tar.gz problems/incomplete?

I am new to legOS but a seasoned win32/java developer. I have been having problems making anything in legOS/util or legOS/util/dll-src directories. There does not seem to be a make rule for firmdls and the source loader.c, rcxtty.c and rcxtty.h will (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 1.0,1.5 or 2.0 ? what gives ?

Using a multiplexor from (URL) you can hook four touch sensors up to one port. The multiplexor (URL) you to determine if any of three sensors is pressed, when you hook up a forth it masks the other three and but if you assume that only one side at a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 1.0,1.5 or 2.0 ? what gives ?

(...) To put it bluntly, the only user visible is in the numbers on the outside. (...) Put more than one on an input and figure out which one was pressed by the direction you were heading. If they can be pressed simultaneously you need resistors to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  1.0,1.5 or 2.0 ? what gives ?

hi, is this list still working ? last time i tried to post i got an error 0 ? whatever that means. anyways. if it works, then i have the following question! what does RCX 2.0 bring us that 1.0 and 1.5 doesnt already have ? i have looked at the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Do many people want EmuLegOS Windows LNP support

I received an e-mail this morning regarding Windows LNP support under EmuLegOS. Currently this is non-existent. I wanted to see if there are many people out there using the Windows version of EmuLegOS, and if they would find LNP support usefull. If (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Does lejOS has the same functions as legOS?

(...) No, for example LNP and speedometer are missing, motor control is standard with 8 power levels. In general it uses the standard ROM routines much more than legos. On the good side the rotation sensor problems it had until two months ago are (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Does lejOS has the same functions as legOS?

I ma using legOS and NQC, I also viewed lejOS, but I am not sure if lejOS can provide all functions of legOS provides, then does lejOS run in the same speed as legOS? Zhengrong (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  tower not responding

I have spent the last couple of days compiling and setting up legOS on my 486SX/33 laptop. I am using legOS 0.2.5 which I got from Sourceforge, and binutils 2.11 (i think) and gcc 2.95.3, which I got from the official GNU site. Compiling 2.95.3 took (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New patch for remote and message

I uploaded this patch at (URL) can use functions as below: unsigned int get_rkey(); // wait for any remote key wait_event(rkey_pressed, rkey); // wait for any remote key pressed wait_event(rkey_released, rkey); // wait for any remote key released (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS forced to use another name?

Hello everybody, there has been a lot of discussion about the Business 2.0 article in their forums, on Slashdot and here at LUGNET. I followed all of them closely until Tuesday afternoon, but rather less so in the days since. I also received several (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  trig-functions through CORDIC

If there are amateurs interested in using trig-functions under legOS have a look at the following page: (URL) algorithms used are called CORDIC. You'll find all the information and explanation on our site. What is especially interesting is the fact (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS forced to use another name?

(...) Dennis, I do agree that Lego has been very nice about this; in my first post, I stated that their stance on these matters was one of the things that rekindled my Lego addiction. I admired their action (or lack thereof) as far as Mindstorms was (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: RCX_COMPILER define

(...) references to (...) the CygWin (...) the legOS (...) absence (...) What RCX_COMPILER does is to add an optimization inside GCC for ISR on RCX platform. GCC without RCX_COMPILER patch should compile without problems any project. You should only (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS forced to use another name?

(...) OK, lets not make a mountain out of a molehill here. LEGO very clearly and often stated in that letter that they encourage the creation and use of our third party OS's and such. What they (rightly) wish to protect is the dillution of their (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO Company position on third-party programs for LEGO MINDSTORMS

(...) [snipped Clarification from the LEGO(R) MINDSTORMStm team] Thanks for the clarification, Tomas. (...) I'd also suggest visiting legos.sourceforge.net, and sending the letter to the maintainers of that site (if you haven't already), as although (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS forced to use another name?

FYI, there is now a posting in lugnet.lego.announce that should help to clarify this issue: (URL) set to FUT lugnet.lego.direct because of some rules (that I still don't quite get) about where official messages can be posted and followed-up to, but (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegOS forced to use another name?

Ok, I agree with the *possibility* of the name being a problem, but I am more concerned about the hacks themselves being contested instead. However, LegOS is NOT for commercial purposes, so that should be a factor to consider here. I wouldn't be AS (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LegOS forced to use another name?

(...) In the US, at least, a trademark *must* be defended, or the company loses it. If legOS does, in fact, infringe on their trademark, they would have had to defend it pretty quickly or that usage would pass into the public domain. Or something (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS forced to use another name?

(...) I concur. If I manufactured a new extra-cushiony disk storage system that used *really* tiny sponges for support, and I called it Micro-Soft, I'm sure I'd get a letter. This particular case has the added spin of stepping soundly into the "LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact