 Robotics / RCX / Java / 303
302  |  304
Subject:
how to use LNP class?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:53:55 GMT

Holla,

I have been been doing some tests of protocols from lejOS API where I'm
about to give a try with this LNP class. The reason is to enable direct host
addressing on my app, avoiding the packet_guaranty_issue
(as_seen_from_exemple "LEJOS_HOME\rcxcomm\examples\lnpaddr_sensor_reader" ).

Now, in order to use LNPobj in my wrapper class, I find that I would need to
register AddressingHandler obj., where I can't figure out how to implement
this interface (yes, I know it's only one methot but still.....) I was
looking for possible solution at src/rcxcomm/* directory, but no luck ;-(

Q: Does anybody have working experiance with this class for simple
sending/receiving between 2 independent hosts, enabling the packet
addressing on multiple ports!? (If yes, please send Your hack to this list
so everybody can share Your experiance).
Q2: What are(if any) other (better) options????

....my project enviorment: 1x PC, 2x RCX, win32....

THX

--
best regards

Admir Trakic
WWW: http://www.trakic.com
Email:  admir(at)trakic(dot)com

Krogt, n. (chemical symbol: Kr):
The metallic silver coating found on fast-food game cards.
  -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"