 Robotics / RCX / Java / 224
Re: remote program activation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:28:58 GMT

Hello Jürgen

There was a more detailed discussion about this on
the lejos mailing list a while ago.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

No, but why not put them into a single program that switches
between diffferent behaviours?

For the same reason as lejos allows to link/upload up to 5 different
programs and the rcx has a program select button! :-)

No honestly, if I have a collection of short independent programs which
I want to combine in different ways (by picking a subset of 4 out of the
collection) and have them present on my RCX, I do not want to write a wrapper
for each arbitrary combination.

But it would be easy to write a "swapper" which always sits in program slot 1
and maybe handles the above discussed remote requests and then transfers
control to the selected program. Of course the swapper is started manually,
but thereafter I can switch remotely to any of the uploaded programs.

However, I'm glad that LeJOS allows to remotely start a progam. This was my
primary concern and the latter question was only posed for the case if that
wouldn't work.

Cheers,
Kaspar