 Robotics / RCX / Java / 208
Re: Help with Clock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 08:58:11 GMT

Hi Scott,

"Scott" <smakos499@excite.com> writes:

I am using legjos and...

having problems understanding the clock/timers.

1.  Are their only one timer clock?

yes.  It is like a big wall clock that shows milliseconds.

2.  How do you acess the timers clock?  What code would I use?

    System.currentTimeMillis();

Note that this is a long integer.

If you need more than one timer you can remember the time in variables
and then compute the difference, like for example

    long t0;
    long t1;

    t0 = System.currentTimeMillis();
    for( int i=0; i<10000; i++){};
    t1 = System.currentTimeMillis();

    LCD.showProgramNumber( 1);
    LCD.showNumber( (int)t1-(int)t0);
    Button.RUN.waitForPressAndRelease();

This is from examples/performance_test/PerformanceTest.java,
you can use more variables if you need more timers.

There is also the builtin minute timer, but that doesn't seem
terribly useful to me.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>