 Robotics / RCX / 983
  Anyone made animatronics with the RCX yet?

I'd like to make some sort of Disney-style animatronic robot with my RCX. This would involve using all three motors to control a Tiki Room-style parrot, for example, with a rotation sensor on each motor. Programming the robot would involve running a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Anyone made animatronics with the RCX yet?

(...) I tried to have my Raptor puppet set up with Pneumatics but I gave up because I couldn't find a decent way of triggering it. The ways I had it were way to slow and painful. Has anyone come up with a great way of using pneumatics with (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Anyone made animatronics with the RCX yet?

(...) I know this only works with pbForth, and it's not ALL Technic, but you can drive standard servos with the RCX. Here's how: (URL) You can even drive pneumatic switches with the servos... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)