 Robotics / RCX / 963
  RCX controlling minidisc player

Hello, I am the owner of a minidisc player and thought that it would be cool to have the RCX control it and tell it what to play. Most minidisc players can use a wired remote, which is a little device which allows you to control your player from a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX controlling minidisc player

(...) I was about to write a reply to your question when, as I was removing some of the quotes, I read the part about your minidisk player having a "wired" remote. "Wired"?! Do they still make home electronics with remotes connected by wire? I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX controlling minidisc player

(...) Yes, it seems a lot of Minidisc players do anyway. (...) This really is how they do it. If you go here you can see the schematic for a Sony remote: (URL) go here and scroll down to the section titled "Portable's Remote Control Interface", you (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)