 Robotics / RCX / 903
Re: pBricks & W2K?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:47:52 GMT

No, it won't, here's what I did:
Install the software, it will probably crap out on parts of the
QuickTime 2 & 3 installation, continue thru everything to the end.
Don't bother trying to run the installed software, it won't, but the key
components you need to program the rcx will have been installed. (the
firmware will be on your HD, the drivers for the IF tower will have been
installed, and the OCX for programming the RCX directly will have been
installed.

Now, you will need a third party tool to program your RCX. I've listed 2
below:

BrickCommand can be downloaded at
http://www.geocities.com/area51/nebula/8488/lego.html
RCX Command Center can be downloaded at http://www.cs.uu.nl/~markov/lego/
(Link appears to be down at the moment...)

From either of these apps, you can download the firmware to your RCX to
begin programming.
Both of these apps let you write programs and download them to your RCX.
Both have lots of tools to help you along as well. Yes, it is a little
bit more complicated than using the drag-drop programming model Lego
supplies, but in trade you get access to alot more functionality.

Hope this helps get you going!

Matthew Fisher wrote:

Can Lego's RIS 1.5 included software run on Windows2000?