 Robotics / RCX / 840
  I/O port of H8/3000

I'm not sure about how many I/O ports the H8/3000 in the RCX has. Are they all used in the RCX? (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I/O port of H8/3000

(...) Are they all used? No. See the H8/300 manual and the bottom section of: (URL) visit the Microcontroller Interface section of my horribly-incomplete Low-level RCX Reference, at: (URL) unused pins are better documented in the low-level (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I/O port of H8/3000

(...) Does this mean that a skilled hardware person can open the yellow brick and solder two additional analogue sensors to pins 4 and 5 of the A/D converter on port 7? [and of course violate the LEGO licence thus losing a support and who knows what (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)